+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My system

I'm CHARLES.

Wasn't happy with the Mission Cyrus 1. I just bought it over a week ago and ended up with an issue. So instead of paying to post it back I just bought another amp to do the job...... can't help myself . Anyhow I received the Kenwood KA-5020 today and tried it out listening to John Carpenter's "Lost Themes" which i just picked up. Was pleasantly surprised !

Here are some more pics :

I'm Remco.

Nice!

I'm Anthony.

Nice...no intentions of goin for a matching arcam amp in future? They do make lovely gearr
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

I'm Grant.

You seen the price of an Arcam power amp for the fmj series

looking good by the way.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm CHARLES.

Thanks all.

I would like to put another arcam in there Anthony, but I'm afraid my funds are a bit on the low side just now. I've got "The command Centre" also to attend to ..........

I'm Anthony.

I imagine those Dali really sound great, as I said my brother drives them with a Creek destiny 2 , very tight and punchy sound and very detailed
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

I'm CHARLES.

yeah they are nice on my ears, not so much the neighbours.

I'm CHARLES.

A few days ago I picked up a nice pair of Van Damme speaker cables off ebay, I had been using Qed cables prior to this but they looked well made and thought I'd give them a go. Then I removed my Kenwood amp in place for a dedicated mc phono stage that I got in the post today. It too is a brand I've never heard of, "Heed" , but after a thorough search on a few sites I picked it up. It really has opened up the sound, bass is punchier and I'm getting the benefits from my cartridge now. Here's a few picks of the swap over.

I'm CHARLES.

Hi all, I haven't been on the forum since a few months back, kinda done a runner from the PC due to stuff going pop! but it's back up and running and over the last few days I've been reading up on here.

So thought I'd get back on with an update. Done a bit of decorating and got rid or my scratchcard wallpaper. Geez when the fresh white paint goes on!

Couple of small additions being a Sonos Connect and an Audiolab Q-Dac which I got on sale for £199.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12