+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reiver Acoustics- Jenna

I'm Shane.

Default Reiver Acoustics- Jenna

These floor standers look interesting- http://www.reiver-acoustic.com/jenna.html

Any of you members heard them?

S.
    Last edited by southall-1998; 26-04-2015 at 15:12. Reason: To make spelling correction in title.

I'm Rich.

Yes I heard both these and their bigger Edingdale brothers at Owston last year.

I almost took a punt on the Edingdales from Colin but ultimately my budget and room couldn't stretch to them. The Jennas remain firmly on my wishlist. We spent quite a bit of time listening to these in the Sunday morning with all manner of gear including Ali's Kraken amp, my Mini 1 and some of Nick Gorhams gear.

Wonderful, natural and bass depth and balance which belies their size. If I had 2k to spend on these I'd have them in a heartbeat.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Yes I heard both these and their bigger Edingdale brothers at Owston last year.

I almost took a punt on the Edingdales from Colin but ultimately my budget and room couldn't stretch to them. The Jennas remain firmly on my wishlist. We spent quite a bit of time listening to these in the Sunday morning with all manner of gear including Ali's Kraken amp, my Mini 1 and some of Nick Gorhams gear.

Wonderful, natural and bass depth and balance which belies their size. If I had 2k to spend on these I'd have them in a heartbeat.

I know it depends on ears/room etc. But can the Jenna's handle high volume OK?

Does the maker of these speakers, also have experience using Sugden amplification as well?

S.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yep, be hard to beat these at the price, commercially speaking.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    I know it depends on ears/room etc. But can the Jenna's handle high volume OK?

Does the maker of these speakers, also have experience using Sugden amplification as well?

S.
    Not sure if Colin's tried them with SS class A, but certainly with valve class A. An easy to drive speaker, so should work well with a variety of amps.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread