+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Copy of.............

I'm Nobody.

Seen it for £45 Dave

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Both these guys have great setups. The "jazz" piano is smokin' here; but, who is it??

At 1:38 this guy points on a classical piece that I would also love to find.

As always, any help is appreciated more than you know! Must feed the music addiction.
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm Nobody.

Looking for a minto mini LP CD issue of The Beatles 'White Album' complete with Obi strip

I'm ChrisB.

Well, I started this thread in Sept 2009 with a note that I was looking for a copy of this:

......Jonathan Kelly's Outside - 'Waiting On You'.
    I snaffled one last week & it's just arrived. Last heard in about 1985 - it'd better be as good as I remembered it! It's more about recapturing the spirit of my yoof than the music though.

I'm ChrisB.

I've been trying to track down an Elmore James song that was on this (fairly rare) Blue Horizon compilation album from 1969.

Elmore James - 'To Know a Man'

A friend had the album & I just want to hear that track again- it's called 'Second Fiddle Man'. Does anyone happen to know if it appears on any other album at all?
    I could buy a copy of the one pictured but they fetch more than I'm willing to pay for a chance to hear it just once or twice.
    Last edited by The Grand Wazoo; 27-08-2011 at 18:35.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by WOStantonCS100 View Post

Both these guys have great setups. The "jazz" piano is smokin' here; but, who is it??

At 1:38 this guy points on a classical piece that I would also love to find.

As always, any help is appreciated more than you know! Must feed the music addiction.
    The first clip is "The Entertainer" by Monty Alexander on Monty strikes again no idea of second 1
    I used soundhound app for the iphone
    Gary.
    Technics SE-9600-Technics SU-9600--Technics Technics RS-9900-ST-9600-Technics SH-9010 EQ-Hitachi HCA7500 pre Technics 1210mk2,SL P1200 cdp.Moth mkII RCM, Revox B77mKii,Pioneer CT-F1250-Nakamichi MR-1.Technics A900 mkll,Technics 631 cassette deck,Yamaha cr-1000 & Cr-600,Celestion Ditton 44's & 15xr's,Thorens TD-150mkll,Tascam 34,Akia 4000DS,Leak 2000 and assortment of Technics cd and minidisc players and Mission/AR/Kef speakers

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    I've been trying to track down an Elmore James song that was on this (fairly rare) Blue Horizon compilation album from 1969.

Elmore James - 'To Know a Man'

A friend had the album & I just want to hear that track again. Does anyone happen to know if it appears on any other album at all?
    I could buy a copy of the one pictured but they fetch more than I'm willing to pay for a chance to hear it just once or twice.
    It's on none of the Elmore James titles I have.

Looking at the track listing for the Blue Horizon collection of that name, it dosen't seem to be there either : http://www.allmusic.com/album/to-know-a-man-r107105.

Anyway it sound like this - 'diddley diddley diddley diddley - dah dah'!
    Barry

I'm ChrisB.

Ooops - Village idiot moment!
    I've amended my post.

The album was called 'To Know A Man' - the track I'm looking for was called 'Second Fiddle Man'. It was written by Bushy Head, who also recorded under the name of Johnny Walker. Actually, I don't think it did go like that Barry. I think Elmore James' repertoire for guitar riffs was a bit bigger than Jeremy Spencer's!

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy6206 View Post
    The first clip is "The Entertainer" by Monty Alexander on Monty strikes again no idea of second 1
    I used soundhound app for the iphone
    You are my absolute freakin' hero!!! If you ever make your way over the ocean, dinner and a movie is on me.... no sex.... but, dinner and a movie, for sure!!!
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm Paul.

Looked for the Dixie Chicks' 'Home' shortly after it was sold out. The rare ebay copy was fetching crazy price then. It's funny that these albums don't sell well on vinyl and take a while for dealers to clear stock but soon as out of print some fool will pay £100+.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast