+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Copy of.............

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    If you guys are interested i'll soon be able to rip from vinyl to my Traxdata CD recorder (read Philips). I have virtually every Propaganda release out there including a lot of different 12" & 7" versions of the same tracks. seeing as i'll want to actually transfer stuff to CD myself to preserve the records i'd only be too happy to sort you guys out for the cost of postage & discs. Once i have my own copies it'll be a PC job at 4x speed maximum with fast discs.

Let me know if you are interested, though i won't be able to do this until i have built my phono stage & installed the Audio Research MP1. For some unknown reason when i have the Traxdata connected to the tape outs on my Classe DR5 it smears the CD playback So it's not connected any longer...
    Cheers Mark. I'd be up for that. I have the new remastered deluxe copy of A Secret Wish which includes the different vinyl only mixes, plus some other stuff on disc 2. I also have some 12" and 7" stuff but it'd be easier to just get the transfers from you. Perhaps you could let us know what you have?

For the record, I have the cd releases of A Secret Wish, Wishful Thinking, Outside World, 1234, A Secret Wish (25th Anniversary Deluxe Remaster) and the Heaven Give Me Words CD Single.

Oh, by the way, check this out: http://www.hashmoder.com/2009/09/12/...a-p-machinery/ This guy done his own mix of P:Machinery.

I have the track downloaded on my mac. It's in 320kbps too!
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by DanJennings View Post
    This one?

That's the one. Cheers Dan. It's the 'Grand Funk' bit that must have made me think it was by Simon and Garfunkel.
    Just placed an order for the CD on eBay .

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'm looking for a copy of this:

Various artists - 'Songs and Music of The Redcoats', 1972, Decca Argo ZPA 147.

Now out of print, but a copy could turn up in your local charity shop or at a boot sale.

Please could you keep an eye out for this, for me?

Many Thanks
    Hi its on the bay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Martyn-Wyndham...item33630dbefa)
    Phil.

I'm Nick.

I'm looking for a copy of this: Don't Call Me Vanilla by The AK47's, on Rugger Bugger records, from 1991.

Its on eBay for silly money. I'd be prepared to pay a reasonable amount for a copy that's in good nick. The track on the YouTube link is fantastic. Get the bass! I have an MP3 copy of the LP, but really want an original.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanobsession View Post
    Thanks Phil.
    Barry

I'm ChrisB.

I don't suppose, by any chance anyone recorded, and still has, any of the 'Songwriter's Circle' series of programmes that were on BBC4 the other month? I could really do with getting another chance to see them again.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    I don't suppose, by any chance anyone recorded, and still has, any of the 'Songwriter's Circle' series of programmes that were on BBC4 the other month? I could really do with getting another chance to see them again.
    They were good, weren't they? Sadly I didn't record any of them. No doubt BBC4 will show them again.
    Barry

I'm ChrisB.

I particularly want to see the one with Justin Currie, Boo Hewardine & Chris Difford again.

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Patti Page did a version of "What Lola Wants". Does anyone know which album of hers this can be found on?
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by WOStantonCS100 View Post
    Patti Page did a version of "What Lola Wants". Does anyone know which album of hers this can be found on?
    Looks like it is actually "Whatever Lola Wants" - it's on 3 Little Words from 1955

http://stax-o-wax.blogspot.com/2008/...ords-1955.html
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast