Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SUPER BARGAINS GALORE in CENTRAL LONDON

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I must say I'm amazed to read this. I haven't spoken to Les for a couple of years but I had quite a few dealings with him when I was working full-time for Hi-Fi World and I have to say he was one of the nicest people in the industry that I have encountered.
    So perhaps, had I only been a writer for a HIFI magazine he would have been nice to me?

I'm Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    So perhaps, had I only been a writer for a HIFI magazine he would have been nice to me?
    No if you had a goat that shat fifty's he would have been nice too
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    Nope. To be honest I can't remember what I said. It was actually quite a traumatic experience.
    You should have bought those speakers for £100!

Silly boy!!

S.

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    You should have bought those speakers for £100!

Silly boy!!
    I would be looking at divorce papers had I done so...
    [and I'm not even married]

Last edited by rdpx; 25-04-2015 at 18:58.

I'm Lucky.

I've bought kit from walrus on a couple of occasions. They were unfailingly polite and devoted enthusiasts. I'm very, very sorry to hear things have got a little out of hand and know just how horrible it can be when the vultures/wankers begin circling. I suspect that the sooner they get shut, the happier they will be. Anyone who deals with the public for year after year deserves a medal.
    The Man with the suit and the pace. Knee deep in the dead.

I'm bob.

That sounds like you are all but calling me a vulture/wanker, Darren. But again, they have been very polite to someone who is spending a lot of money. Go figure. I should point out that Pete was polite to me on both occasions.

I found Walrus because I was looking for somewhere that sold Croft. On their site landing page they specifically say that everything is on sale and "better still, come and visit us as there are a lot of smaller items being sold...which we won't be posting up here."

I'm Ian.

I think this is best dropped now Robert. Something unpleasant happened, as things do, you've had your say and now it's just something in the past. You can rarely affect the behaviour of others, but you can walk forwards and away.

I'm not aligning this to that 'Black Friday' thing, though this didn't example the best of humanity. Bottom line is is you find you aren't able to trade in a civilised manner, don't trade.

You're right wanting Croft though ! Perhaps approach another dealer and negotiate a bit.

I'm Josie.

Hi Robert.

I understand that you had a bad experience with them. But it is now time to move on.

Might be better to start a new thread on asking where to buy what you want.

So to that end I'm going to close this thread.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234