+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rega Brio-R

I'm Clive.

The Dali's are a good option, I used to sell them and never had any issues. As for Q Acoustics used to sell them too, please ,please don't go there.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Personal taste of course, but I loved the clear midrange of the RS3 (and hope the RS1 is similar here). The bass can be good if the room suits them and the hf is to taste really (just don't compare them with sweet Harbeths in the high treble although you can in the midband)
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive197 View Post
    The Dali's are a good option, I used to sell them and never had any issues. As for Q Acoustics used to sell them too, please ,please don't go there.

Why?

S.

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    Why?

S.
    Q Acoustics are made in China and brought into the UK by distributers Armour Acoustics. IMO they nice to look at but poorly made and as for the speaker terminals underneath the box are of poor construction.
    Last edited by Clive197; 26-04-2015 at 15:03.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive197 View Post
    Q Acoustics are made in China and brought into the UK by distributers Armour Acoustics. IMO they nice to look at but poorly made and as for the speaker terminals underneath the box of poor construction.

Well, the build quality on mines feels fairly substantial.

Plus they don't cost the earth, and can sound good with quality electronics.

Just my opinion of course!

S.

I'm Clive.

I have no issue with the made in China bit. My experience of them is you get what you've paid for which in this case is not very much. However I do appreciate there is a market for inexpensive speakers and Q Acoustics may tick some peoples boxes.

The Dali's are a little more expensive but are far better made.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Shane.

Will Brio-R work OK with this speaker cable? - http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/talk-3...per-metre.html

S.

I'm Grant.

Well, the build quality on mines feels fairly substantial.

Plus they don't cost the earth, and can sound good with quality electronics.

Just my opinion of course!

S.
    Ive had 2 pairs and with the right gear sound very good... they especially like big valves like kt88's. Obviously they are not going to compete with a grand set of speaks but they punch well above their weight. the build quality is excellent although I agree about the sockets on the bottom being a pain it the bottom
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Will Brio-R work OK with this speaker cable? - http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/talk-3...per-metre.html

S.
    Yep. I sell lots of Talk-3 with Rega and other amps. It's an excellent cable at a reasonable price.

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Yep. I sell lots of Talk-3 with Rega and other amps. It's an excellent cable at a reasonable price.
    Have you tried Linn K20 with the Brio R?

S.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast