+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: diy meet 19/20th sept

I'm Neal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave the bass View Post
    ........I put on Rage Against the Machine's 'Take the Power back' after we'd got boozed up and no-one said 'shut that racket up'... :-)

DTB

I tried but could not make myself heard over all the noise!
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    I tried but could not make myself heard over all the noise!
    Ah yeah but no but yeah but... what a noise

DTB

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Default Owston pics

Ali's already posted this in the D.I.Y room, but I also include it here:

http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB2/v...=asc&start=165

Scroll down a bit.

More from me on the event itself later

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Question

Did I miss the photos??

Dave

I'm Steve.

Marco, you are conspicuous by your absence from the photo's, as is your 1210.

were the photo's from the day you were not there? and who went with you?

They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

LOL! I think Simon (who took the photos) was concentrating mainly on showing the guys from audio-talk with their systems, which is fair enough

There are plenty of others who were there and who were also not photographed such as our very own Dave K, John, and Neal (NRG). Scott and Nick G from audio-talk were not pictured either, although both were there.

The reason my T/T or Croft preamp weren't shown is because they were only connected up during the Saturday night sesh (which went on until 11pm - I got there initially, btw, at 11am!) - all the other pics were taken during the day when the D.I.Y-ers were demonstrating their gear.

In fact, Dave the Bass commented on this over on audio-talk:

Only thing missed out AFAIK is any piccies from the Satdee night, there was a TT comparison whilst a big lump of our group went to go and eat big lumps of dinner and beer that was still going when we got back from refresherizing. After that we took it in turns swapping from end to end with different systems. We blasted some my of my tracks and amp again then swapped systems and did a few request tracks that I know Marco wanted to hear and Max too. It more of a 'lets have a listen to this' sesh for no other reason than we all liked listening to music and drink a few beers.
    And bloody good that sesh was, too!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cawley View Post
    Did I miss the photos??
    Yes! Click on my link on post #43

Marco.
    Main System

I'm breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    And bloody good that sesh was, too!

Marco.
    Yes, agreed, it was good fun.

Sorry for the lack of photo's on the Saturday night, it's my fault. Super-snapper-Simon had to leave early on the Saturday and asked if I could take over piccie duties for the rest of the day with my point and shoot Casio. I was enjoying listening to the systems at either end of the halls too much to do any pics in the evening, sorry again.

I liked the way JM's version of 'Strange Fruit' played on Monkey personally, after that i just went with the flow... Ale mostly :-)

DTB
    Last edited by Dave the bass; 23-09-2009 at 09:50. Reason: addyshuns.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345