+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556

Thread: NEBO 6 set for November 2015

I'm Steve.

Already on that one Ken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    An alternative, could be several interconnecting smaller rooms.

Accoustically, the two smaller rooms we used upstairs at the Windmill were not bad, the stairs were a pain for lugging gear up though. We have lost that venue but something similar on the ground floor might be good, two set ups in each room could be enough to keep things flowing.

I will keep my eyes and ears open for anything we might want to consider. I know of a church Hall, but alcohol would be a no no and accomodation is no where near. like Ali points out, it's not an easy set of criterion to match, so some compramise may have to be made.

Steve - The Rugby club below where "Steetleys" used to be has a poster up saying "Free function room" and I believe the other Rugby club on the main coast road north of Hartlepool General Hospital does the same. Could be worth checking these out.

I'm Ken.

I wasnt that impressed with the Schooner, but it was ok as a stop gap.

The electrickery supply voltage was well down and I managed to trip the supply when I first powered up, a couple of the mains outlets behind the stuff for sale were dead and of course the roof leaked and needed a bucket 2 feet from my right speaker if folks hadn't noticed.

I thought the split level did us no favours and think a smaller flat room would be better. We could rotate maybe four set ups, one in each corner, or maybe as was suggested, set up as an island in the middle with speakers firing outwards towards the walls or corners and us moving round the island to each set up?

This arangement might give a bit of bass reinforcement and make up for trying to fill a larger space than our gear is designed for. There were several large boxes/drivers at the last session which struggled, mine included. I would like to think that the venue would allow people with smaller stand mounts not be put off from bringing their gear and being able to put on a good show.

Its very challenging but I still think its worth having a look at what else is available.

I'm steve.

The blue bell at aklam have a good size rear downstairs function room and some decent smaller ones upstairs, i know they charge but i dont think its much.. They have hotel rooms too.. I bet a good deal could be done
    Cheers
    Steve
    collector and DIY user of old british triode valves

Open baffles / single ended diy px4 and px25 valve amps

I'm Ken.

Which Aklam is that Steve?

There are several including one in Middlesbrough and one near York.

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Which Aklam is that Steve?

There are several including one in Middlesbrough and one near York.
    Middlesborough, i attended a few meetings there over the last few years, its not fantastic but its ok worth checking out
    collector and DIY user of old british triode valves

Open baffles / single ended diy px4 and px25 valve amps

I'm Steve.

I will have somewhere sorted by the weekend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556