+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Denon DVD/CD 5000

I'm Phil.

Default Denon DVD/CD 5000

Greetings earthlings,

I have an opportunity buy the Denon DVD 5000 to replace my ancient but excellent Marantz cd52 mk2 se. Shld I go for it? I know the Denon can be used as an excellent stand along DAC as an alternative. It was £1500 in 1999, but given that quality is improving and price is falling DVD market, could you pick a new unit which is just as good at a much lower cost? Also, is it better to stick with Dedicated CD player, or do you feel that DVD machines can give as good/better quality in general?

Thanks for your time

Bye 4 now

I'm Martin.

If you can get it for under a ton I would go for it.

Denon DVD players are mroe than competent for hi-fi use

But if you were intending to use it as a DVD player I would say no, a cheaper modern DVD player will give a better picture. That's been my experience, anyways.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm David.

I have been on the look out for cheap Denon CD/SACD/DVD player but am looking at spending £40 or under
    I have a Marantz cd52 mk2 se but the drawer is faulty replaced with a CD67 MKii SE which I picked up for £20
    also been liking my Sony DVP-S725D DVD players which I am using for listening to CDs I have two one cost me £20 and the other £10

I would really have to listen to a CD player and really like it to consider paying as much a ton just so much cheap stuff around why spend proper money)

If I do get round to spending proper money on a CD/SACD/DVD player Denon are on my short list

If you do go for the Denon DVD 5000Please post some pics and comments on sound quality etc

+ Reply to Thread