+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Own up time

I'm Andy.

Default Own up time

Alright, which AOSers store unused kit and (punctured) blow-up dolls in their lofts?
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Andr'e.

I was the worse for this but not any longer. Even found stuff i can't remember buying We aint got a loft tho..

I'm Rich.

Nope, but we do have a box room which used to be a bathroom and has several hifi amps, a pair of mission speakers a PA system, a mixing desk, 5 guitars and my vinyl collection in it.... I couldn't be arsed lifting that lot up and down a ladder to the loft. The loft is where the cardboard boxes live.

RB
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Anthony.

Only have a NAD 5440 cd player sat up there
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

I'm Stewart.

I did in the past but dumped/gave away most of it (mostly dumped admittedly).

Absolutely no point in storing machines that you do not use anymore...
    Stewart.

I'm Clive.

Just put a pair of Cyrus Mono X's up in the loft. Haven't decided yet to sell them or not.

Now decided and sold
    Last edited by Clive197; 18-04-2015 at 10:33.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Andr'e.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodgesound View Post
    I did in the past but dumped/gave away most of it (mostly dumped admittedly).

Absolutely no point in storing machines that you do not use anymore...
    Yep get em all flogged.. I was gonna keep my remaining Quad series 3 set for old time sake. However someone bought the '33'/''FM-3' from me today for £70.. They will use them i never will now...

I'm sorted.

Just LP12, GL78 & Akai AP003 turntables in the boy's room (destined for loft) & only one set of speakers not being used (JBL Control ones) which I intend to sell but lack of inertia keeps getting in the way.

I'm Rick.

When I started out in this crazy hobby, still at home, the only space to get a system going was in my mums loft. I boarded it out, moved the hatch from the bedroom to inside a store cupboard, and access was ladders only in a house with 11ft high ceilings.
    I had IMF TLS80's, driven by a pair of Sugden P51 amps, a Sondex pre, and AR legend, along with circa 7000 lp's. All in the loft of a 2 up/2 down terrace. Happy days!
    I'm no stranger to lofts lol.
    The only kit I have in my loft right now is a pair of foundation stands and a few bits of very old Meridian component stuff that has stayed up there, untested, for about 15 years. The eves are stuffed with boxes.
    The 3rd bedroom is the store room, that thankfully is getting emptier as I thin the herd.
    Bits:

Amps:

Avondale

Analogue:

Acoustic Signature Analogue 1 mkIII

Gold Note PH10

Digital:

Resolution Audio Opus21

Speakers:

AudioNote J

I'm Grant.

Not got so much spare stuff left, that I dont need, but a few things to go yet....seem to be collecting Cartridges though, even though I sold a few lately they seem to breed...at least they dont take up too much room
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast