+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with pre-amp matching with a new Croft 7 Power amp.

I'm tony.

It functions as a single line active pre-none of the sound tailoring functions work in pre amp only headphone. Sounds very good indeed with a variety of t amps.

I have used it with my kel84 mono blocks...as a pre it is really good.

I'm Chris.

OK thanks, now I see. Incidently I have use of both the Temple mono-blocks, and have the Temple integrated hidden away too. I need to sell a lot of kit so I can start building a new system based on my experience with the Croft. In the process of doing so, I'm giving my old kit another run thorough my system seeing as the context of it all has changed over time. I'm currently listening to a vintage Technics SU-7300 in readiness to sell on later - but this Technics sounds really sweet - I'm surprised how old kit like this can sound so darned good. I was just checking the functionality - but it ends up being more than just functional - it's actually a very very good amp!

To put things in context, my source is Yamaha CD-N500 used as a digital media hub feeding an Arcam irDAC, then into one of these many amps I am sorting through - and finally out via a pair of excellent Role Audio Enterprise loudspeakers (UK imported as 'Acoustic Holograms' at the time - but now Audioflair sell the range).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12