+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: IanMac Bearing

I'm Kevin.

If your Technodec sounds better, just enjoy that for now.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Ben.

I've asked Ian to supply me with one from his next batch of them, I just hope a few others sign up soon!
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Vishal.

Hello, I'm new here and joined with the primary purpose of posting in this thread. I'm very interested in purchasing one of these bearings. Is there a site where I can purchase this or how does one go about buying one? Thanks

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by vs_jk View Post
    Hello, I'm new here and joined with the primary purpose of posting in this thread. I'm very interested in purchasing one of these bearings. Is there a site where I can purchase this or how does one go about buying one? Thanks
    Just PM Ian. The bearing he modified for me was very well done and my transaction with him went very smoothly.
    We the willing, working for the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
    We have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

I'm Ian.

Intend to buy more new bearings this week and will do a run of 6 more

Ian
    Technics 1200 tweaked,Ianmac Bearing,DACT DIY Phono Pre, Belcanto CD-2, Engineered Switzerland DIY Renderer, Benchmark DAC2, Hypex NCore, ATC SCM40
    2nd system --Engineered Switzerland DIY streamer, Sony CDP11,Topping D50 DAC, Hypex NCore. Kef 1point2 speakers. Ianmac Filters

I'm Vishal.

If they aren't all already spoken for, please count me in for one with the oil reservoir. Thanks!

I'm Ben.

I've just had an email from Ian to confirm I am on the next run.

Is it worth having the additional oil reservoir as well?
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Ian.

With the std bearing filled with oil, the oil can only go to the top of the vent hole.
    The lubrication inside the bearing shaft will follow the height of the oil in the vent hole, like a "U" tube formed by the shaft bore /bearing clearance and the vent hole diameter. Oil height will be checked as required by the user.

The reservoir tub sits above the vent hole and the top of the technics bronze bearing so the "U" tube" is now further up the shaft and both sides of the "U" submersed in oil from the supply held in the reservoir. With the additional capacity of the tub, the complete bearing will be in constant lubrication for very long periods.

Hope this helps
    Ian
    Technics 1200 tweaked,Ianmac Bearing,DACT DIY Phono Pre, Belcanto CD-2, Engineered Switzerland DIY Renderer, Benchmark DAC2, Hypex NCore, ATC SCM40
    2nd system --Engineered Switzerland DIY streamer, Sony CDP11,Topping D50 DAC, Hypex NCore. Kef 1point2 speakers. Ianmac Filters

I'm Michiel.

So, I've got the bearing installed for about a week now. I've let it run in for approx. 60 hours and I think it's time for me to share my findings. These are the improvements I've encountered:

- Better bass response, more tight and defined and better extension to the lower frequencies.
    - Inky black background compared to the standard bearing.
    - Soundstage has 'opened up' quite a bit, presentation has become more holographic.
    - Better definition of individual instruments, in particular noticeable with complicated orchestral music.
    - Dynamics have improved somewhat, mainly micro-dynamics.
    - Detailing has improved significantly! To be honest, I didn't expect this, not to this extend.
    - The music seems to 'flow' better, sounds more 'natural' and it's played with more ease. More 'fluid' so to speak. It's difficult to describe, but I hope it's clear enough.
    - The somewhat 'muddy' sound is gone, vanished. It's much more open and defined now, like someone pulled away a veil.

Last but not least, I'd like to say that although some have described the Ianmac bearing as an subtle upgrade, for me, I don't think that's the correct description. Improvements in individual areas may be subtle sometimes, but combined I find it's not a subtle upgrade at all. It's quite a huge improvement actually. Hats off to Ianmac!

Anyone of the other new owners who can relate to this and add to the list?
    Turntable Technics SL-1210mk2, Origin Live modified OL1 tonearm, Van Den Hul rewire, LDA/MCRU Step 2 PSU, Ianmac bearing, Isonoes, Achromat, Clearaudio Twister
    Cartridge Audio Technica AT33PTG II
    Tape Technics RS-AZ6
    SACD Sony SCD-XB790QS
    Ampification Accuphase E-205
    Speakers Dali Ikon 6 Special Edition
    Sub REL Strata II
    Cables Van Den Hul: MCS-150M and D-502 Hybrid (Tonearm), Integration Hybrid (SACD, Tape), CS-122 Hybrid (Speakers), The Second (currently unused). Canare: 4S8 (Sub)

I'm gerald.

Last but not least, I'd like to say that although some have described the Ianmac bearing as an subtle upgrade, for me, I don't think that's the correct description. Improvements in individual areas may be subtle sometimes, but combined I find it's not a subtle upgrade at all. It's quite a huge improvement actually. Hats off to Ianmac!

Anyone of the other new owners who can relate to this and add to the list?
    yep best mod to my sl1210

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast