+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Parkie37's Audio Note System

I'm Timothy.

Thanks Don, one never knows! I would certainly enjoy a listen, and also I have never been to Vancouver, would enjoy that as well!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Looking super there Don. You must be very pleased.. worth a big one

Thanks Grant. I really am enjoying it. My job takes me out of town a lot, so it is nice to be able to come home and relax while listening to some music.

The down side is that I have started to buy too many records! Not really too many, just more than I can afford : ) The other night after dinner (in a moment of weakness), I found several records that were on my must have list at prices that I couldn't ignore....sigh. They will be great but now we have to eat beans on toast until next payday!

Don
    Vertere SG-1 Turntable / Audio Note IO Gold MC
    Audio Note AN-S8L MC Transformer
    Audio Note Pallas I/C (SUT-Preamp)
    Audio Note M6 Phono Preamp
    Audio Note CDT 3/Audio Note 4.1X Balanced Signature DAC
    Audio Note Kassai Monoblocks
    Audio Note Sogon Interconnects
    Audio Note Pallas Interconnects
    Audio Note AN-Vx Interconnects
    Audio Note Sogon Speaker Cables
    Audio Note AN-E SPE HE speakers
    Audio Note ISIS Power Cables
    Loricraft PRC-4 Record Cleaning Machine

I'm Peter.

Talking of bankrupting yourself, have you ever heard any of ANs higher 'level' amps? The main reason I didn't go down (up?) the Audio Note trail, was that the cost of the system I really coveted pretty much exceeded my total remaining-lifetime income There is a school of thought, though, that suggests it is better to buy the best once, rather than inferior stuff many times. Mmm, must start doing the lottery.

Anyway ... really nice! I think (in fact, 'know') that you've hit the AN 'sweet spot' with your system as it is.

Looking at the pics, can we deduce that you're a jazz fan? Of course, all the best people are

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by petrat View Post
    Talking of bankrupting yourself, have you ever heard any of ANs higher 'level' amps? The main reason I didn't go down (up?) the Audio Note trail, was that the cost of the system I really coveted pretty much exceeded my total remaining-lifetime income There is a school of thought, though, that suggests it is better to buy the best once, rather than inferior stuff many times. Mmm, must start doing the lottery.

Anyway ... really nice! I think (in fact, 'know') that you've hit the AN 'sweet spot' with your system as it is.

Looking at the pics, can we deduce that you're a jazz fan? Of course, all the best people are
    Yes sir! Big time jazz fan. I would rank Way Out West as one of my five favourite jazz albums. I also love the blues. Like everyone near my age, I love the music that I grew up with as well, which is mainly rock and roll, especially if it has a blues influence. However, as I get older, I find myself drawn more and more to other types of music. Ever since I upgraded my sound system at the end of the 80s, to Classe Audio separates, I have been discovering more and more music that I really enjoy. I am still REALLY drawn to Cuban jazz. If anyone here has a turntable and even remotely enjoys jazz, you must buy Buena Vista Social Club on vinyl. It is gorgeous! The warmth, the rhythm, the joy of life that they exude during this recording is fantastic.

I am feeling like I have hit the sweet spot of the Audio Note line. I have had a chance to hear my speakers, the AN SPE HEs in a similar finish, powered by a Tomei Kensei stereo power amp, which was driven by an M6 Phono preamp. The source was an Audio Note TT-2 turntable (non-deluxe) with a cartridge that I forgot to take note of. Every record that Daryl at Gearbox Records played for me on that system placed me right in the recording atmosphere. It is really a remarkable experience. About 3/4 of the way through the listening session, he switched to the same integrated amplifier that I own, the Meishu Silver. It sounded great! But, it was quite a step down from the previous setup. That is as it should be, as the upgrade from the Meishu Silver to the M6 Phono/Tomei Kensei is huge, both in money and performance. Daryl kept exclaiming that he was surprised at how close the Meishu Silver came to the fancier setup. If I were to upgrade from here, it would most likely be from my TT-2 Deluxe turntable to the new TT-3, as I would be able to sell my table for what I paid and only have to pay the difference. I am seriously considering that, as a couple of people that I trust have been very impressed with that turntable. That would be much later in the year or possibly next year. I would have to save up for that.

I would love to go up to an M6 Phono/Conquest Silver combination as well, but honestly it is above my pay grade, as they say. I was fortunate to get good prices for my previous system to help pay for this one. I listened to it again two nights ago and I truly feel that I am able to really hear into the recording like the higher end setup that I heard previously. Not quite as well, but it is very, very enjoyable these days : )

I'm James.

Hi Don, do you think you should now ditch the VPI in your post title.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Don.

That is a good suggestion! Hopefully I am allowed to do that : )

If you know how, I am open to any and all suggestions. I had a quick look around the forums and FAQs and wasn't successful finding out how to do that.
    Last edited by Parkie37; 04-05-2016 at 23:23.

I'm Peter.

Send a PM to Grant or any moderator, and they can change it.
    Some suggestions ... The official Audio Note addiction thread ... Bankrupt in Vancouver ... We will shortly be landing at Partridge Green ...

I'm James.

Hi Don, a few recommendations for som fabulous sounding jazz and at the moment they are cheap.

Pablo record label - try Dukes big 4 and Basie Jam - available on discogs in mint / nearly mint condition. Superb recording - pure analogue and would sound great on your system.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Hi Don, do you think you should now ditch the VPI in your post title.
    Your wish is my command ; )

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkie37 View Post
    Your wish is my command ; )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast