+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Parkie37's Audio Note System

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i just dont let anyone clean. grandkids were trained from young age to keep away if the wanted to make next birthday by my daughter who didnt fancy the repair bill
    I have a friend with a Shindo system and his cleaning lady broke the stylus on his SPU cartridge. He made her pay for the repair. Ouch!
    Vertere SG-1 Turntable / Audio Note IO Gold MC
    Audio Note AN-S8L MC Transformer
    Audio Note Pallas I/C (SUT-Preamp)
    Audio Note M6 Phono Preamp
    Audio Note CDT 3/Audio Note 4.1X Balanced Signature DAC
    Audio Note Kassai Monoblocks
    Audio Note Sogon Interconnects
    Audio Note Pallas Interconnects
    Audio Note AN-Vx Interconnects
    Audio Note Sogon Speaker Cables
    Audio Note AN-E SPE HE speakers
    Audio Note ISIS Power Cables
    Loricraft PRC-4 Record Cleaning Machine

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by George47 View Post
    That is one nice looking and sounding system.

I have the Voyd Ref with SMV and Io into an M6 and the E/SPe silver siggies. The power amp, Conquest silver signatures have just gone back to Audionote. I guess you are missing the Gold and it is always difficult to make do when you know what it can sound like when it really works well. But just think a new Io Gold, yum, yum. The factory looked very, very busy when I was down there last week.
    Hi George;

That sounds like a really nice system! I had the opportunity to listen to the Voyd Reference through a couple of different variations of Audio Note systems, from a Soro integrated up to pre/power separates. Very nice turntable. The local dealer here used a customer's Voyd Reference at the Vancouver Audio Show in 2015 and it was quite entertaining to see how many people didn't know what it was. The other thing I remember about that show was how well the CD 4.1/X did and how similar it sounded to good analog. In my opinion, it wasn't as good as analog but it sure was enjoyable.

BTW, I have my Io Gold back now and it isn't broken in yet. But from the very first record, it was an absolute joy to listen to! It's unfair to compare it to the Denon 103, but wow is it better in every way (I know, I know, it should be!). I find myself looking forward to putting records on more and more every day. Once the Io Gold has about 30-50 hours on it, it should be broken in and it will get the subtleties even better. The small details are really where the top cartridges shine for me. Those little hints that make you feel that you are in the recording studio watching Sonny Rollins perform (Insert favourite artist here).

Did you compare the AN E SPE HEs to the Silver Signatures? The price increase is substantial - do you remember what the improvements were with the Silver Signatures?

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Parkie37 View Post
    I have a friend with a Shindo system and his cleaning lady broke the stylus on his SPU cartridge. He made her pay for the repair. Ouch!
    A bit harsh considering how easy it is to pop a stylus guard on an SPU (or indeed how easy it is to remove an SPU from a TT before the cleaner comes round).

Considering what would most likely have been a big income disparity then I don’t think your mate can be a very nice person.

I'm George.

Did you compare the AN E SPE HEs to the Silver Signatures? The price increase is substantial - do you remember what the improvements were with the Silver Signatures?

In a word yes. The silver signatures have far greater dynamic range and exposes even more of the musical detail. AN is sometimes accused of losing the fine detail that solid state majors on. I am not sure that is true but the siggies provide an additional layer of the fine filigree of musical detail. Not the disconnected detail of some SS but essentially musical detail. Sounds a bit like the differences between the Io and the Io gold. With a system at your level it would be worth hearing them. Despite that I did not like the AlNiCos.....they sounded a bit hifi(ish).

I'm Adam.

He sounds like a bit of a prick!
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    He sounds like a bit of a prick!
    I agree. That's petty. He's the one who should have taken care that it was kept safe.

I'm Don.

I should have said in his defence that he had asked her not to clean the HiFi. He told me that she went ahead and did it anyway. I think that she was just trying to be nice. In either case, he can afford a new stylus much more than she can.

In my case, my cleaning lady is such a nice person and tries so hard to do a nice job that I wouldn’t have the heart to get her to pay for the repair. People are allowed to make mistakes. Just not to be ignorant or flagrant in their handling of the HiFi. I figure that it could have just as easily been me on a different day, so let bygones be bygones.

I guess at the end of the day you have to decide where you want to draw the line. If you threaten my family, I have no sense of humour. But if you make an honest mistake, then I can accept that. Heck, I’ve screwed up enough for a whole family, in my life! When I think about me driving my mom’s car when I was a teenager...it’s hard to be critical of someone else!

I'm Adam.

I should have said in his defence that he had asked her not to clean the HiFi. He told me that she went ahead and did it anyway. I think that she was just trying to be nice. In either case, he can afford a new stylus much more than she can.

In my case, my cleaning lady is such a nice person and tries so hard to do a nice job that I wouldn’t have the heart to get her to pay for the repair. People are allowed to make mistakes. Just not to be ignorant or flagrant in their handling of the HiFi. I figure that it could have just as easily been me on a different day, so let bygones be bygones.

I guess at the end of the day you have to decide where you want to draw the line. If you threaten my family, I have no sense of humour. But if you make an honest mistake, then I can accept that. Heck, I’ve screwed up enough for a whole family, in my life! When I think about me driving my mom’s car when I was a teenager...it’s hard to be critical of someone else!
    In my case I just asked the cleaning lady (Mrs Westlower) to dust very carefully around the Hifi...
    Btw ...Does anyone have a remedy for ruptured bollocks?
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm George.

In my case I just asked the cleaning lady (Mrs Westlower) to dust very carefully around the Hifi...
    Taisez-vous?

I'm Grant.

crying often works
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast