+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Parkie37's Audio Note System

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkie37 View Post
    Well, right after my last post, I received a phone call to come and pick up the new turntable cover. It looks really nice, considering that is is a plexiglass box! I have always preferred seeing turntables without any clunky cover sitting over top of them, but my opinion changed after the cartridge accident

Attachment 22594
    Attachment 22595
    Attachment 22596
    Attachment 22597
    I have a turntable cover nearly exactly like that, my problem is, where do I put it when not in use?

Russell

I'm Timothy.

An eye-bolt with a cable and pulley system mounted to the ceiling? Looks good to me as is.
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    An eye-bolt with a cable and pulley system mounted to the ceiling? Looks good to me as is.
    I usually throw it on my bed, out of the way where it won’t get scratched.

Russell

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I have a turntable cover nearly exactly like that, my problem is, where do I put it when not in use?

Russell
    I have been wondering that myself when I play records. I don’t have a great solution yet but it does make me feel better, every time I see it protecting my turntable!
    Vertere SG-1 Turntable / Audio Note IO Gold MC
    Audio Note AN-S8L MC Transformer
    Audio Note Pallas I/C (SUT-Preamp)
    Audio Note M6 Phono Preamp
    Audio Note CDT 3/Audio Note 4.1X Balanced Signature DAC
    Audio Note Kassai Monoblocks
    Audio Note Sogon Interconnects
    Audio Note Pallas Interconnects
    Audio Note AN-Vx Interconnects
    Audio Note Sogon Speaker Cables
    Audio Note AN-E SPE HE speakers
    Audio Note ISIS Power Cables
    Loricraft PRC-4 Record Cleaning Machine

I'm Grant.

I use the ones that just cover the platter and arm. Much prefer them visually now and easy to place when using table. Took s little while to get used to style tho
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Russell.

I have been wondering that myself when I play records. I don’t have a great solution yet but it does make me feel better, every time I see it protecting my turntable!
    So true! When I lift it off and place it on my bed, I can see the ring of dust around the dust free area that was under it. It keeps my ‘table clean and dust free, so it’s worth the hassle to move it. And I don’t have to worry about anyone breaking my cantilever or any such mishap while it’s under the glass.

Russell

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I use the ones that just cover the platter and arm. Much prefer them visually now and easy to place when using table. Took s little while to get used to style tho
    I’ve never been a big fan of the style of those covers, but I can certainly appreciate the greater ease of use they provide. I have started putting my cover on a chair in the corner of my living/listening room. I want it to be relatively easy to grab and put back on the turntable, so I don’t get lazy and have another stylus accident
    Vertere SG-1 Turntable / Audio Note IO Gold MC
    Audio Note AN-S8L MC Transformer
    Audio Note Pallas I/C (SUT-Preamp)
    Audio Note M6 Phono Preamp
    Audio Note CDT 3/Audio Note 4.1X Balanced Signature DAC
    Audio Note Kassai Monoblocks
    Audio Note Sogon Interconnects
    Audio Note Pallas Interconnects
    Audio Note AN-Vx Interconnects
    Audio Note Sogon Speaker Cables
    Audio Note AN-E SPE HE speakers
    Audio Note ISIS Power Cables
    Loricraft PRC-4 Record Cleaning Machine

I'm Russell.

I’ve never been a big fan of the style of those covers, but I can certainly appreciate the greater ease of use they provide. I have started putting my cover on a chair in the corner of my living/listening room. I want it to be relatively easy to grab and put back on the turntable, so I don’t get lazy and have another stylus accident
    So true! All the protection in the world won’t work if it’s too much trouble, and you don’t use it. I think I may play more Records if it wasn’t for having to man handle the cover every time? Seems I only remove it for serious listening sessions anymore, for casual listening it’s so much easier to pop in a CD. So, it’s a two edged sword, it’s seems everything about vinyl playback is about compromises.

Russell

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post

Russell
    I have the exact type of plexiglass cover, same size in fact that I use for my Air Tight amp. I use it if I am away from home and don't want prying fingers to make a mess. I was thinking of drilling a bunch of half inch holes in it, so I can leave it on the amp when in use, to keep my nosy cat from trying to play with the EL34's. Would need a lot of holes though for heat dissipation.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by ppat2 View Post
    I have the exact type of plexiglass cover, same size in fact that I use for my Air Tight amp. I use it if I am away from home and don't want prying fingers to make a mess. I was thinking of drilling a bunch of half inch holes in it, so I can leave it on the amp when in use, to keep my nosy cat from trying to play with the EL34's. Would need a lot of holes though for heat dissipation.
    Yes I’d say you’d need a lot of holes. And it would serve the purpose of keeping the cat away, or other hands and cleaning supplies. But it would defeat its ability to keep out dust. So you trade one issue for another. I agree it’s cumbersome, but worth it I guess, or I wouldn’t use it? My old ‘table had a hinged lid. Which was very convenient, and kept the dust at bay, but it always concerned me that it was picking up airborne vibrations while propped open, and my clamp was too tall to shut while in use. So I wound up removing it anyway.

Possibly you could make a cage for your amp? Perforated metal or rails close together, that would prevent the cat from loading it up with hair. And still have total air flow, and the plastic lid could fit over that? Or perhaps there is a tube cage made for your amp? Just a thought.

Russell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast