+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disgusting Kelloggs Multi Grain porridge

I'm John.

Always stir the porridge but still bloody awful!

I'm martin.

I was with macca until I realised it was a pint of milk!, Guinness is a far better option, and the Mars bar deep fried.
    Or,
    Steep real oats overnight to shorten the cooking time, add salt or the top of the milk(5star milk not unleaded crap) then the fry up, wash down with the rest of the milk.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm inactive.

I hate porridge either way - my mum used to make it with water when I was a kid and that put me of the stuff for life. Have tried it made with milk and it's still unadulterated wallpaper bile...

Don't even get me started on sago

I'm Deano.

So it's ready break for me then lol always liked the orange glow around me as I walked to school

I'm Andrei.

Make your own muesli Dave. Not only will it taste better but it will be blindingly cheap. 500 g rolled oats, and sprinkle in things like; raisins, chopped cranberries, a few pumpkin seeds, a couple of crushed weetbix for texture. Add a little wheat germ if you like - really just look round the bulk bins at the supermarket and add a bit of this or that. The end result will be about 80 percent rolled oats. Do not cook, but just add the milk of your choice.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Grant.

Use pinhead(sometimes called steel cut) oats. simmer them as usual using a little less than normal water; ( but dont put salt in too early as that can make them tough.) once it starts to thicken add some milk , dried fruit(cranberries or apricots ) and a teaspoon of soft dark brown sugar. once ready, it should have the texture of rice pudding. serve; add double cream and more brown sugar on top and eat a meal fit for a king.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Stephen.

Best I've tried and now a regular purchase is Waitrose rolled oats - all the rest are just disgusting

2 cups of milk to 1 cup of oats - 8 minutes of simmer - perfect.

Trouble is I then go and ruin the "health gain"by a large dollop(s) of golden syrup
    Always a little further

I'm Adam.

All you need for porridge is some proper porridge oats, milk and a saucepan. No 'instant' packets, no nuts, no fruit, no chewy bits and certainly not a bl**dy microwave! Oh, and NO SALT either.

Certain toppings are acceptable, however, such as Golden Syrup, cream or honey. In the winter when it is available, I can also heartily recommend a dollop of M&S Extra Thick Brandy Cream - gets the day off to a fine start and gives you a warm glow!

To the OP; Dave - it serves you right. Stick to Flahavan's!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Dave.

Thing is, I was seduced by the pictures on the box and the description, both of which are totally misleading and a breach of the trades description act, I reckon. I haven't thrown it away, as suggested by the helpful (not) complaints dept at Kelloggs, because I might try to make an official complaint. I just don't believe anyone could enjoy the Kelloggs
    green slime.

I do make my own Muesli and regularly eat Irish steel cut Oatmeal and the Flahavans organic jumbo Oats, all of which are right up my street.

I'm martin.

Quote Originally Posted by British high fidelity View Post
    So it's ready break for me then lol always liked the orange glow around me as I walked to school
    The orange glow is due to living near a nuclear power station not the brekkie?
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast