+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Partnering Equipment for conrad Johnson Sonographe SD22

I'm Guy.

Default Partnering Equipment for conrad Johnson Sonographe SD22

Hi all,
    Obviously new to the forum (thanks for having me). Very much a novice, but it was always a dream of mine once i got a decent job and was able to afford a good CD player and system that i´d invest. So the first buy was the Conrad Johnson SD22, and on the advise of a member i´ve started this post to pick your collective brains about the best, amp, speaker combos etc. Price range would be up to $500 for the various components i guess, but i am a sucker for peer pressure so if there is a consensus on needing to invest more heavily in certain things, ill probably be persuaded.
    CHeers.

I'm Grant.

welcome to AoS Guy. you will be better opening a separate thread in blank canvas re your needs as it will attrack more views.
    So what kind of music do you listen to Guy?

regards grant
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Welcome on board Guy.

A very friendly place this and home to all sorts of odd but pleasant folk.

It might be worth starting a thread further down in the forum but I'm glad you took my advice and joined us here.

I suspect there aren't that many folk who have had the joy of CJ on here but there will be no shortage of suggestions and help.

Do you have any kit other than the SD22 or is this a ground up build?

Andrew

I'm Guy.

Thanks for the welcome, unfortunately as a new inductee Im not yet allowed to set up a new thread, but hopefully the powers that be let me take off the training wheels soon enough. In terms of other equipment, no basically all i have is the CD player -i recently moved overseas, so starting from the ground floor. I have some computer speakers that arent bad (Logitech Z506), but am obviously looking to upgrade once I´m up and running.
    In terms of music that i like, it is like most a mix. At the moment im listening to Nicolas Jaar from Darkside, but last night was listening to Nick Drake, so a bit of electronic, folk, rock, im not sure what genre i fit into!!
    Cheers
    Guy

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by MexicoSanto View Post
    Thanks for the welcome, unfortunately as a new inductee Im not yet allowed to set up a new thread, but hopefully the powers that be let me take off the training wheels soon enough. In terms of other equipment, no basically all i have is the CD player -i recently moved overseas, so starting from the ground floor. I have some computer speakers that arent bad (Logitech Z506), but am obviously looking to upgrade once I´m up and running.
    In terms of music that i like, it is like most a mix. At the moment im listening to Nicolas Jaar from Darkside, but last night was listening to Nick Drake, so a bit of electronic, folk, rock, im not sure what genre i fit into!!
    Cheers
    Guy
    You can start theads in the forum Guy. Just go to blank canvas. click forum tools and start a new thread.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hello Guy. Welcome to AOS.

If you're just starting out with you CD player and nothing else, you're needing a decent amp and speakers at least.

Bearing in mind that you are in Mexico, any recommendations should be for stuff you can get there. Importing, even used gear, is expensive.

As Grant suggests, you need a new thread in the Blank Canvas section to ask for recommendations.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Guy.

MAny thanks Grant and Geoff - i´ll try and start one up now

I'm Lucky.

I've had a bit of CJ Sonograph stuff in the past. It's not only great value but works very well together too. I'd look at their pre power combo if I were you.
    The Man with the suit and the pace. Knee deep in the dead.

I'm Geoffrey.

Hello and welcome Guy.

Geoff.

+ Reply to Thread