+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi

I'm Twisted.

Default Hi

Hi AoS people.

I found this place whilst researching dacs for my system.

I went digital a couple of years ago and run an SB3 through a Rotel RA05 amp and Quad 11Ls and a KEF sub. I made the mistake of telling the missus I paid fifty quid for a lead. She still makes fun of me (two years later) even though I explained it was half price.

The music collection is varied. I have emerged from my rock youth and the collection now includes quite a range of sounds. The classical section is growing fast. Always come back to the blues though.

The squeezebox is a marvellous device. I won't go back, but I have always wondered whether the sound is quite up to scratch (enter the excuse to indulge the desire for shiny new toys...). Hence my dac ambitions. The Caiman is on order. We shall see.

Cheers for now

Simon

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmore View Post
    I made the mistake of telling the missus I paid fifty quid for a lead. She still makes fun of me (two years later) even though I explained it was half price.
    sounds familiar ....

welcome!!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Neil.

Hi Simon

Welcome to AOS, have fun.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    sounds familiar ....

welcome!!
    Me too - but it was £75, and SHE paid, ha ha!

Welcome again Simon - I can only speak from personal experience, but the Caiman on a Soundbridge makes a huge difference.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Nick.

Better late than never, Simon - welcome to AOS from me.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

+ Reply to Thread