+ Reply to Thread
Page 174 of 177 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1768

Thread: 'Analog Dinosaur' succumbs to the joys of FBA : enter Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+!!

I'm Barry.

Moode, no need for Logitech media server.

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit1cat View Post
    Moode, no need for Logitech media server.
    What advantage does Moode bring over LMS?
    Cheers, Will

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    What advantage does Moode bring over LMS?
    LMS is a pain! That is why I stopped using PiCore! It sounded fine but you need to set up LMS on your PC to use it!

Geoff

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    LMS is a pain! That is why I stopped using PiCore! It sounded fine but you need to set up LMS on your PC to use it!

Geoff

Moode has its issues http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...nternet-access
    My local server, running LMS, is rock solid playing my digital library.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Geoffrey.

Hi there guys. Been looking at these as they seem to be a real nifty bit of kit.
    I don't really need this as an audio streamer but may get one just for the hell of it.

But my real question​ is people say this is an amazing dac. Now I've googled to the best of my abilities but i can't​ find anything. What I'd like to do is use this as a DAC from my cd players digital out and then use the RCA out to my Cyrus amp.

Is this possible or am i chasing rainbows.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Geoffrey

I'm Luis.

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    piCorePlayer...!
    I will be looking for the one that is easiers to use probably. I will have a friend to help me set up the linux part (hope an IT manager is enough) and I hope the rest, on the day to day basis, is easy.

We have moode, volumio, piCore, max2play. Anyother a newbie should consider?

montesquieu Guest

Quick question for all ...

I have a RPi running a version of Rune Audio from about six or so months ago (maybe longer). I use a Digi+ output board to my Audido Note DAC which handles up to 24/96 (plenty for me).

I have quite a nice USB interface (Gustard G50) which works very well - I think better than the RPi - from the Mac, but of course from the Mac I don't have an app to drive the streaming from my phone.

So my question - do any of the the software packages drive the USB output direct from the RPi (without a board)?

I'm stuart.

Picoreplayer will but you will have to either enable LMS on the pi or have a LMS server running somewhere else..... I think

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Quick question for all ...

I have a RPi running a version of Rune Audio from about six or so months ago (maybe longer). I use a Digi+ output board to my Audido Note DAC which handles up to 24/96 (plenty for me).

I have quite a nice USB interface (Gustard G50) which works very well - I think better than the RPi - from the Mac, but of course from the Mac I don't have an app to drive the streaming from my phone.

So my question - do any of the the software packages drive the USB output direct from the RPi (without a board)?
    Yes I run mine this way with Rune Audio. Just have to change settings to reflect no I2S device. If you put a Jitterbug on the USB output you get a nice performance lift.

I'm Marc.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post

It depends whether the usb device has a driver built in to the kernel or not, my old Edirol UA25 soundcard works spotlessly out of the box with all the apps available in Diet Pi (and should work with any other sensible Pi distro) - generally if it has a core spec usb driver it will work, anything more fancy / esoteric may have issues.

+ Reply to Thread