+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1768

Thread: 'Analog Dinosaur' succumbs to the joys of FBA : enter Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+!!

I'm Terry.

Fantastic that worked a treat, many thanks guys !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Thank you so much everyone - i have taken out the sd card and added the command line that you gave me and am now adding the files to the hdd, i will let you know how i get on.

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclopse View Post
    Does anyone know if our IQ Audio Dac + cards can play DSD .dsf files?

Thanks

Stephen
    It certainly can... I've been playing .dsf files today. Sounds spanking.
    Last edited by The Black Adder; 21-05-2015 at 19:01.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Gary.

I know RuneAudio can.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Petar.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisbee View Post
    Code:
    echo max_usb_current=1 >> /boot/config.txt
    Hey, this is great, much easier
    RPi2/HiFiBerryDigi+; ZyXEL NSA310; Beresford Caiman MKII; Creek Evo 2; ProAc Studio 115; BK XXLS400; MS Audio/Klotz MC5000, VD UP-LCOFC Hi-Fi

I'm Grant.

git a plan for a linear psu for the pi. my aquvox linear needs an adapter to make it fit but should pro ide all the power needed....acually it will neex 2 adaptors but can get them cheap so no great loss if it doesnt work.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    git a plan for a linear psu for the pi. my aquvox linear needs an adapter to make it fit but should pro ide all the power needed....acually it will neex 2 adaptors but can get them cheap so no great loss if it doesnt work.
    Got the 2 adaptors ordered so will let you all know if it works

I'm Richard.

Ok, so after reading this thread I decided it was time to order a pi2 - primarily to replace my hacked ATV1 (crystalbuntu os & HD graphics card replacing wifi adapter) multimedia centre, but thought I'd add an iq-dac+ too. I ordered 2 SD cards, one of OSMC (dedicated os for Kodi multimedia centre), one for Volumio for audio playback. I am not detecting a sound quality difference between Volumio (using dac+) and OSMC (using hdmi audio out), and neither compare to playing the same source via my Naim CDI. Via Volumio & OSMC I'm playing same iTunes ripped 320kbps files - is there a way of ripping to higher quality? And what AlSA settings should I be making to ensure highest quality? Both dac+ and hdmi output sounds good, but soundstage and imaging are poor compared to cd playback.

Thanks, Richard

I'm Neal.

You can rip to WAV in iTunes...you need to tweak the export settings from preferences and select WAV.

I found the sound stage improved by setting up sampling to 176.4/16 using SOX high quality...
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm Grant.

Dunno if its possible to do easily but will try and see if I can connect mine to the laptop upstairs' music files on another hdd via the router. It'll either work first time or I will probably give up. Never been good at networking

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    You can rip to WAV in iTunes...you need to tweak the export settings from preferences and select WAV.

I found the sound stage improved by setting up sampling to 176.4/16 using SOX high quality...
    Where do I set the up sampling please? And what are the important alsamixer settings? Think I have master volume one notch up, filter and other two volumes as default (0). I also disabled volume control in the Volumio web interface.

The current RB3 of OSMC does not recognize the dac+ natively, so I'll need to go into the Linux OS to set it up. But like I say - I detect no sq difference using Volumio via dac+ and its line outs straight into my pre, and OSMC feeding audio over hdmi into TV and TV line outs into the pre. And while both are acceptable, neither match sq playing the original cd.

I'm hoping I've missed something in setting up the dac+.

Thanks, Richard

+ Reply to Thread