+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 177 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1768

Thread: 'Analog Dinosaur' succumbs to the joys of FBA : enter Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+!!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    In other news, I've (at long last) solved my issues with Spotify, which is now working perfectly!!

The problem was that instead of using the proper Spotify website to set up a starred playlist, I was accessing Spotify, via the webpage/player, and it wasn't 'talking' to Volumio. Therefore, when I was setting up a playlist there, it wasn't going anywhere other than the webpage/player.

Setting up playlists on the proper Spotify website, however, has solved the issue, and now all the playlists I've set up there appear for selection (and playback) on Volumio. Job done!

Tomorrow I shall pop my other SD card into the RPi, loaded with Rune Audio (and my library of music), and see how that compares with Volumio. I certainly like how, with the latter, you can see the album art and search music via genre, not just artist. Some also say that Rune sounds better than Volumio, so we shall see!

Marco.
    Well done. I hadn't allowed for how you were (mis)using Spotify.

It is always more satisfying when one works out ones own problem. One learns in the process which can only be a good thing. and tends to be remembered.

You now appreciate that AoS is only part of IQaudios business base, though obviously a welcome addition.

Mine has been dispatched I learn so patience

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    Well done. I hadn't allowed for how you were (mis)using Spotify.
    Indeed. I didn't realise that there was a difference between the 'webpage' and the actual website...

It is always more satisfying when one works out ones own problem. One learns in the process which can only be a good thing. and tends to be remembered.
    Absolutely, although it was during a listening session yesterday with friends (when I'd taken the new Paul Hynes linear PSU, for the Pi, round for some comparisons), where I was prompted that I was misusing Spotify. That's also the benefit of having friends, who live locally, with similar interests

You now appreciate that AoS is only part of IQaudios business base, though obviously a welcome addition.
    Of course, and I always did. However, there are undoubtedly benefits to be had for Gordon to hang around here more often, too!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Barry.

Well the dac's arrived, fitted, volumio installed and working great through the headphone socket, playing a few songs from a usb stick. Will have to wait till next week to try and install in my main system using the wifi adaptor with my music library. Only small problem was getting the ip address for the web browser.

I'm Darren.

Ordered DAC,case and why I was at it thought I'd try the amp out.How are you guys finding out that your items have been shipped, is it through email or Twitter. Thanks Darren

I'm Graeme.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren66 View Post
    Ordered DAC,case and why I was at it thought I'd try the amp out.How are you guys finding out that your items have been shipped, is it through email or Twitter. Thanks Darren
    I've been getting email alerts with a tracking number. According the the royal mail tracking site, the package is supposed to have been delivered today, so I'll hopefully get it when I get home from work later. (much later if the trains are running like they usually do).
    Last edited by Desmo; 07-05-2015 at 17:50.

I'm Stephen.

Unhappy

All I got was the Royal Mail red card of death.

I'm Josie.

Just arrived back and the dac has arrived... will get on with it later.

Thanks, Gordon.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Andr'e.

You of all people Joe

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclopse View Post
    All I got was the Royal Mail red card of death.
    Oh no! A dreaded trip to the Royal Mail sorting office beckons, to a land where the unwashed roam, largely unsupervised, no-one understands English, and parking spaces are a thing of the past.......

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    You of all people Joe

lol... give up sithi.. be alreet!
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread