+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FS Salmon and lettuce sandwich

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Especially if it's Guinness!
    There's also a condition known as 'follow through' you should be cautious of

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    There's also a condition known as 'follow through' you should be cautious of

I'm familiar with that trate
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

synsei Guest

I have a cheese and onion roll I don't need if anyone is interested. I find the shape of the enclosure at the top helps minimize standing waves from the onion, which can be quite potent. The bottom end is a bit soggy though as I have owned them for a while and the pickle has soaked through the cabinets...

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    I have a cheese and onion roll I don't need if anyone is interested. I find the shape of the enclosure at the top helps minimize standing waves from the onion, which can be quite potent. The bottom end is a bit soggy though as I have owned them for a while and the pickle has soaked through the cabinets...
    It may need re-pickling

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    It may need re-pickling
    I read about this on WigWam. Apparently you can use various pickles but Branston gives the best all-round results. Some may find that the onion can be a bit harsh at the top but after a little bit of experimentation I've found that this can be tempered quite a bit by using sweet tomato chutney...

I'm sorted.

I've heard good things about Mango

synsei Guest

Of course, if I had the cash and were a true snackofile I'd buy a couple of Panini's, but then I'd also need to buy a Panini toaster to go with them and I hear they are a bugger to set up correctly if you don't have the right accessories Have you tried implementing MartinT's mods in your sandwich? I'd like to use one of Mike New's platters but they are way out of my price range so I'm having to use some paper plates from Wilko's

I'm sorted.

I've heard you can get away with using a breville if shape's not an issue

synsei Guest

I tried the Breville mod but I had a problem with the sweet tomato chutney leaking out onto the paper plates I mentioned above which resulted in some serious colouration issues. I know Marco will tell me the copper top on Mikes platter would solve this issue but i've already had to cut back. I found the Seriously Strong Cheddar to be overpowering and very expensive so I've economized by using Cheshire. Sadly the texture is a bit crumbly now and I've lost a lot of the bottom end grunt that was there before...

Incidentally, my rolls are wired up with Cheese Strings...

I'm sorted.

I never struggle with bottom end grunt but see above re:follow through

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast