+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin Logan Sequel II

I'm InSpace.

Default Martin Logan Sequel II

As I've been 'reliably informed' that I have too many loudspeakers, something has to go...

I am therefore, rather reluctantly (I'd much rather keep them) offering my ML's for sale to forum members. The bass drivers were replaced earlier this year by their previous owner (Andy - Sand Dancin Donkey Walker) and I have only recently rebuilt the crossovers using high quality Soniqs PPX caps and Arcol wire-wound resistors.

There are a few marks here and there, mostly at the rear, but the 'grill' bits at the front are pretty much pristine, they generally still look very smart indeed!

Please note, these are large loudspeaker (six feet tall!) and need plenty of breathing room and a gutsy amplifier to drive them properly.

I'm looking for what they've cost me which is £300. This covers my initial purchase and the cost of the crossover rebuild... I'm making NO profit at that price! Also they MUST be collected, I have no means of packing them.

Any interest before they head off to ebay?

By shian7, shot with u30D,S410D,u410D at 2009-03-29

If anyone would like further photos, juts ask...

Cheers,
    Mike.
    Last edited by Mike; 30-08-2009 at 14:18.
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm Nick.

I wish I had a room big enough for them... you're asking a seriously reasonable price for them, Mike. I'm sure there'll be plenty of interest!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm InSpace.

Well I got them for a bargain price so it's only fair to offer them as a bargain too.

They may well fly if they end up on fleabay. Or not, as the case may be!
    Shian7

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm InSpace.

By the way... That Mr Liang amp seen in the pic stood no chance at all. Don't even think about it if you have one!
    Shian7

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm Confused.

Smile

Hi Mike,
    Are you also inviting offers for the two pieces of Amethyst on the floor between the speakers? If so PM me 'cos I don't want any competition for them .
    Sue and I have always wanted one or two such large pieces - we already have a much smaller chunk that we bought years ago on one of our first trips to St. Ives in Cornwall and would love to get more - just a thought .
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I have a bigger bit for sale, but only in mono.

Dave

I'm Confused.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cawley View Post
    I have a bigger bit for sale, but only in mono.

Dave
    Hi Dave,
    As in most things, stereo is to be preferred, but if the piece is good, mono is always acceptable, ye ken?
    A pic showing displayed face, and giving dimensions, weight etc (approx. is good enough, just to give an idea) and, most importantly, price, by PM would be nice if you can provide.
    Cheers,
    Dave.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm InSpace.

The one on the left is Quartz. Theres an even bigger Citrine geode upstairs a bit like THIS ONE

None of them are for sale though.
    Shian7

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

It might be big, but it has a bend in it! I'll look mine out.

I'm Confused.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Homar View Post
    The one on the left is Quartz. Theres an even bigger Citrine geode upstairs a bit like THIS ONE

None of them are for sale though.
    Huhhhh!!! Just bloody like you, whet my appetite, get me interested and then refuse to sell !!
    Just in case it's salesman's tactics to get me to make you an offer you can't refuse I have to advise you that the price tag on the 'one like' link puts 'em out of my league, (unless I cancel my cable order and I don't want to do that )
    DaveK.

My System:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast