+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: My System Blog

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Correct!

The Cyrus came a close second to the Arcam, which just edged it on transparency, but not by much. Both were very good. The rather more expensive Meridian won though.
    Indeed, the 507 was very expensive back in its day.

(I think) my CD7Q sold around 1,100-1,200 back in 2002. Pricey! The ''Q'' came as an upgrade option, if you had the CD7.

Always found Cyrus to have good rhythm and timing.

S.
    Shane Lonergan........UB1 Birth.

Home Hi-Fi Pics & Classifieds UK (On Facebook)

I'm Geoff.

I think I paid about 1250 for the 507, so not much difference.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Vesa.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    I'm currently trying out some Cyrus. The combo is the 8VS2 with PSX-R power-supply.

Sound wise it's damn clean and very lucid. Bass is tight!

S.

Do you still have these? Would be good match with cdq7, I think.
    Music is not made for listening HiFi...

I'm Shane.

No Vesa, I don't. Sold them both, a couple months ago. I do slightly regret selling them tbh. Might try a cyrus amp again someday!

S.

I'm Vesa.

You really do like to swap your gear a lot, Shane 😀. BTW, do you still have that Sony ES cd player?
    Music is not made for listening HiFi...

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by VesaLato View Post
    You really do like to swap your gear a lot, Shane ��. BTW, do you still have that Sony ES cd player?
    Yes, and it's going nowhere!

S.

I'm Shane.

Some updates on my little Hi-Fi journey.

I've sold the Naim CD3.5. Now, please don't get me wrong. The CD3.5 is a goddamn musical, and solid sounding machine! I'll indeed rank it, as one of my top favorite CD Players!

The problem, is sometimes our house electric power is prone to tripping. The Naim really needs to be left on 24/7. Plus, I don't like having to keep switching the Naim off/on too often.

My bedroom system is now a simple headphone setup. Consisting AKG K701, Heed CanAmp, Rega Planet MK1. I don't listen to headphones that often nowadays! Need to go easy on the ears......Thanks to a piece of shit called tinnitus......Have had it since 2012.

In the rear Garden room, I share a spare system along with my Dad. Consisting Dali Opticon 2, Cambridge Audio CXA60, CXC Transport, Rotel T14 Streamer.

Must say that Dali make nice sounding speakers!!

S.

I'm Shane.

Default Schiit Asgard 2

The Schiit Asgard 2 Class A Headphone Amp. Nice little amp, that offers super value for money!

S.

20729600_10212222437950529_22535554473089971_n by Shane Lonergan, on Flickr

20768057_10212222440110583_1787909069380664919_n by Shane Lonergan, on Flickr

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    Some updates on my little Hi-Fi journey.

I've sold the Naim CD3.5. Now, please don't get me wrong. The CD3.5 is a goddamn musical, and solid sounding machine! I'll indeed rank it, as one of my top favorite CD Players!

The problem, is sometimes our house electric power is prone to tripping. The Naim really needs to be left on 24/7. Plus, I don't like having to keep switching the Naim off/on too often.

My bedroom system is now a simple headphone setup. Consisting AKG K701, Heed CanAmp, Rega Planet MK1. I don't listen to headphones that often nowadays! Need to go easy on the ears......Thanks to a piece of shit called tinnitus......Have had it since 2012.

In the rear Garden room, I share a spare system along with my Dad. Consisting Dali Opticon 2, Cambridge Audio CXA60, CXC Transport, Rotel T14 Streamer.

Must say that Dali make nice sounding speakers!!

S.
    curious shane what is causing power to trip ? is it a fault in the system? loose earth or faulty appliance?
    modwright 36.5 DM /MSB s200 , / Marantz sa8005/bel canto 3.5, vbs , bel canto fm1
    sonos, . dct300/ /isotek sigmas /rfc/chord epic cabling/Kimber select/ proac studio 125

I'm Martin.

What are you using for digital now then?
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200 with Sumiko h/s & Nagaoka MP50 * Firebottle valve MM phono stage * Parasound CDPi1000 * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast