+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: My System Blog

I'm gone.

What the Soggy Ones? - oo gosh, I can't recall the model numbers - I only remember the A21a because it was unexpectedly good.
    I certainly haven't liked the Masterclass amps I have heard - a bit overstuffed and stodgy.
    I bought one of the older Sugden power amps on eBay due to its reputation --- --- that went straight back on sale!

I'm Shane.

I'm not sure which generation of Sugden Masterclass you're referring to, Jerry.

Do you have a photographic memory of it?

S.

I'm gone.

Nope, can't recall - one was a big brute power amp. Sort of MF A370 sized. Quite a few years ago.

I'm Shane.

Did that Sugden poweramp also have handles on the front?

S.

I'm Grant.

sugden do one that looks like a safe its a brute by look of it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    Did that Sugden poweramp also have handles on the front?

S.
    Dunno.

I seem to recall a Sugden DAC I demmed about 25-30 (?) years ago. Gosh, that was bland. I'm sure it was just a rebadged something-else, but it does show what Sugden view(ed) as their house sound just didn't suit me.
    Well, you know my tastes - a bit on the lively side.

I'm Shane.

Default Topping TP60

BUMP!

Just recently acquired this Topping TP60. Haven't had much time yet to listen.

Surprisingly, the unit is damn heavy for its compact size!! Very nice to look at, but the blue light I find, just a tad obnoxious. I've read many positive user comments that this amp can drive a wide range of speakers. Considering it has two hefty transformers inside!

S.

I'm Phil.

looks a bargain at 150 quid on ebay . I have never heard of them till now but interesting to read the review

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...ng-TP60-review
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Shane.

I'm currently trying out some Cyrus. The combo is the 8VS2 with PSX-R power-supply.

Sound wise it's damn clean and very lucid. Bass is tight!

S.

I'm Vesa.

I've had two Cyrus set ups in the past and I like'd them a lot but in the end the clear and clean sound got little boring. Especialy the "better" set up. And 6/8cd se mech had troubles with ejecting disc's.
    Music is not made for listening HiFi...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast