+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Interesting device for fully-manual T/T users: 'The Q UP'

I'm Jostein.

Quote Originally Posted by surayne View Post
    Had a brief chat with him, it's a fairly complex device... it uses a microcontroller, sensor and a servo to work the inbuilt lift of the arm. He designed it specifically for the SL1200 MkII and the current design will only work with this turntable.

However... he enjoys tinkering and is going to look at parts and costing for a lift that will work with more turntables, and may put it on Kickstarter as a project. I'll pass on updates as I get them.
    Great, will be cool to see how this develops. Is he willing to sell his solution for the SL1200?
    My hifi system:

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MKII, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Mike New bearing, MCRU PSU (c), Oyaide HS-CF headshell, Oyaide MJ-12 TT mat, Vantage Audio Copper mat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Isodek IF-2 isolation platform, Furutech Monza LP stabilizer, Herbie's Hal-O JR damper Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet 3 (prototype) Amplifiers: EAR 868L Preamp, Transcription Audio 211 Heaven Power amp, Bob Carver Cherry 180 power amp CD Player: Ear Yoshino Acute Tuner: Magnum Dynalab 90T Speakers: Vandersteen 2CE SigII, Townshend Audio Super Tweeters, Transcription Audio Speakers Cables and stuff: LFD Audio interconnects and speaker cables, Mark Grant G2000HD, BlackCat Electronics, Van Den Hul Clearwater, Black Rhodium mains cables, Black Rhodium mains block, Finite Elements Resonator, Townhsend Stella Speaker stands, Pro Audio Bono hifi rack, Herbie's spike gliders, Herbie's Ultravox and Hal-O tube dampers, Super Black Hole CD mat Record Cleaning Machine: Loricraft PRC4

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    http://www.thequp.com/

Might give it a go. Does anyone here use one of these devices already, and if so, how simple is it to install, how consistently well does it work, and are there any negative aspects to its use?

Marco.
    I used to have one, from the eighties. It was branded Thorens QueUp then and worked really well. It was never violent, easy to setup and maintenance free. The release mechanism was reliably triggered each time and the arm was lifted up gently.

Perhaps the the new kid does not have the same performance as the old stock?
    /Mike

I'm Jostein.

This also looks an interesting project:

http://blogs.uw.edu/hcdepcom/projects/proj05

Some more alternatives:

The Brass Tonearm Lift

http://www.expressimoaudio.com/lift.html

Audio Technica Safety Raiser

http://www.vinylengine.com/library/a...y-raiser.shtml

The Levitator

http://www.wiplastics.com/page05.html
    My hifi system:

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MKII, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Mike New bearing, MCRU PSU (c), Oyaide HS-CF headshell, Oyaide MJ-12 TT mat, Vantage Audio Copper mat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Isodek IF-2 isolation platform, Furutech Monza LP stabilizer, Herbie's Hal-O JR damper Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet 3 (prototype) Amplifiers: EAR 868L Preamp, Transcription Audio 211 Heaven Power amp, Bob Carver Cherry 180 power amp CD Player: Ear Yoshino Acute Tuner: Magnum Dynalab 90T Speakers: Vandersteen 2CE SigII, Townshend Audio Super Tweeters, Transcription Audio Speakers Cables and stuff: LFD Audio interconnects and speaker cables, Mark Grant G2000HD, BlackCat Electronics, Van Den Hul Clearwater, Black Rhodium mains cables, Black Rhodium mains block, Finite Elements Resonator, Townhsend Stella Speaker stands, Pro Audio Bono hifi rack, Herbie's spike gliders, Herbie's Ultravox and Hal-O tube dampers, Super Black Hole CD mat Record Cleaning Machine: Loricraft PRC4

I'm Dario.

I had one too, bought new in late seventies in London, was marked Thorens, used it on my TD 160 for many years, after all no complaints...
    DARIO
    Analog Source: CEC DD8200 Turntable/Sumiko Blue Point 2, Modified Thorens 160, Signet XK25 arm/AZDEN GM-P5L MC Cartridge, TASCAM 102MkII Cassette Player
    Digital Source: Classč Audio CDP1
    Amplification: Marantz 2265
    Speakers: AVID 330

I'm Jostein.

A new product from Norway: Little Fwend:

http://www.littlefwend.com/little-fwend/

Wonder if this will works on a Technics SL-1200?
    My hifi system:

I'm Deano.

Haven't we seen these type of devices many times before

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by jostber View Post
    Wonder if this will works on a Technics SL-1200?
    There's no reason why not.
    That said, £180.00 is a good reason why it's not going to appear on my SL-1210 anytime soon. I'll stick to the old fashioned method of getting up off my fat arse and lifting the arm myself
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Jostein.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    There's no reason why not.
    That said, £180.00 is a good reason why it's not going to appear on my SL-1210 anytime soon. I'll stick to the old fashioned method of getting up off my fat arse and lifting the arm myself
    That is because my Technics armboard looks like this, so I guess there is no place to put the lifter:

Maybe by changing the original armboard to something like the one from Mike New it could work?

http://www.mikenewaudio.com/armboard.php
    My hifi system:

I'm Jostein.

Bump?
    My hifi system:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234