+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nightmare!

I'm Rich.

Default Nightmare!

I've been away in London the last few nights and returned home to find a radiator had burst sending steaming hot jets of water all over the hallway. Carpets and decorating and plaster all soaked through.

Luckily this must have happened only an hour or two before I got home as Mrs B had also been out for the day and if it had been any earlier the damage could have been far worse.

Funny thing was that earlier in the day on my train journey north I had the pleasure of enjoying the company of a tattoed angel who sat next to me. She was carrying a Buddhist text of some sort and this sparked a lengthy conversation on life, death the universe and everything. In particular we shared our thoughts on Karma and the 3 hour journey passed in a flash. As I drove home from the station I thanked Karma for sending me kindred spirit that day to cheer me up at the end of a testing few days.

Only then to arrive home to disaster....

How fickle Karma can be.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Brian.

Know how you feel buddy . The heating pipes upstairs became blocked and I was told by British Gas that I wasn't covered for this . I mean I've only been paying them to maintain my central heating system for around 25 years
    They offered to flush it out for £800 with no guarantee it would work . When I declined their offer they said they could fit a new system for £7600 with a years free maintenance
    I got a very nice chap to do the lot for less than a third of their price . Today I'm re- tiling the toilet floor as the tiles had to be lifted for access . Ho Hum a womans work is never done
    Hope there isn't too much damage matey .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Rich.

Well the engineer came and the heating is back on (minus 1 radiator) which is a relief as it was blooming freezing and the British gas policy is actually going to cover it and replace the radiator, less my excess but it's worth it I suppose. Pleased you got it sorted though Brian.

Now I can dry the place out a bit. Thankfully the hifi is unaffected.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Andr'e.

I came home from work one evening to find the toilet Cistern had crack all the way down the front, Water pissing out, it will obviously just keep filling up as it empties.. at a guess it happened around an hour or so before i came in. Freezing water in a pot Cistern by the side of the radiator i put the blame on..

+ Reply to Thread