+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Batch of Bearings from Mike New

Mike_New Guest

Thanks John for your support.
    I am waiting in paroxisms of orgasmic delight for the first 10 contibuters!!!

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_New View Post
    Thanks John for your support.

You're welcome Mike.

Mike_New Guest

I am still waiting for the first buyer come on people do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I thought the orders were flowing in, and you’d had 10 already, or something, or have I misread that?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Mike_New Guest

Sorry Marco, I said I was waiting for the first ten. I did not say I had them

I'm Mike.

Best of luck with the sales Mike

Another satisfied punter here
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

Mike_New Guest

What I must impress on everyone is that I am a retired consulting engineer. I am making these Bearings and other upgrades because I enjoy
    the challenge of making the SL the intrument that it can be.

I'm Neil.

Not sure if anyone has said this before. I suspect that you might sell more easily if installation of the bearing didn't require snipping solder tags on the back of the circuit board. Could the existing bearing design be tweaked, altered so the risk of shorts was removed. I think, feel this may put some of who are not confident re removing solder. Yours is the only replacement bearing, pretty sure of this, that is not an easy simple swap out for the original.

I have also wondered if widening the width of the bearing, where it interfaces with the bottom plate of the turntable (around the hole the bearing sits into) to be an integral baseplate would not be better than having to add your plate, just a thought.

Regards Neil

Mike_New Guest

The design of my Bearing is predicated on achieving the maximum amout of metal where it matters down low.
    The few wires that may protrude above the circuit board vary across all the production models so it would be silly to restrict the
    performance of the Bearing just because these wires need to be snipped off.

Widening the width of the mounting flange is a good point and one which I have considered, however it would have to be an integral part of the Bearing
    which would entail a greater amount of machining and wasted metal. And hence it would increase the price.

I'm Kevin.

I used a layer of insulation tape on top of my bearing to help prevent shorts.
    A simple mod that took a couple of minutes for me to do.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast