+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Headphones Blog

I'm Anthony.

I heard the PS500 with the Larger cups ala GS1000 and they sound great but there is something about the GS that are super yummy on all music types bar classical
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony K View Post
    I heard the PS500 with the Larger cups ala GS1000 and they sound great but there is something about the GS that are super yummy on all music types bar classical
    Totally agree, the GS along with RS series work extremely well with classical but I personally don't like them as much as either the PS500 or PS1000 for overall listening, especially considering I have such an eclectic taste in music
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Vesa.

Hi Shane, have you tried audio technica headphones? I'm using ATH-A900X now and I like them much. Not so airy sounding than 325is I had before but very good othetwise.
    Music is not made for listening HiFi...

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by VesaLato View Post
    Hi Shane, have you tried audio technica headphones? I'm using ATH-A900X now and I like them much. Not so airy sounding than 325is I had before but very good othetwise.
    No Vesa. Plus, I've sold my headphone amp.

S.

I'm Lee.

I have the SR80's and they're great but I replaced the earpads with, iirc, Sennheiser hd440 type earpads. This made them much more comfortable for me without changing the sound afaic.
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm Shane.

Is the GS1000 more suited to beat/techno kind of music?

S.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12