+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A viable alternative to Sky

I'm Martin.

Breakfast was at the table but every other meal except Sunday dinner was eaten on your knees watching the telly.

It is odd to me what other people consider important when it comes to children but I'm happy to accept it is me out of step and not everyone else.

Went out for a meal with one of my brothers and his two kids (about 2 and 4 yrs old). My nephew was making such a racket, singing at the top of his voice, I told him to pack it in, which he did immediatley.

Later my brother told me off, saying I was stifling the child and that if you tell them to be quiet they may never speak again. What a load of old bollocks.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Barry.

Buy a Roku box and subscribe to now tv, that will get you sky 1, sky atlantic and 11 other channels for £6.99 a month.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Breakfast was at the table but every other meal except Sunday dinner was eaten on your knees watching the telly.

It is odd to me what other people consider important when it comes to children but I'm happy to accept it is me out of step and not everyone else.

Went out for a meal with one of my brothers and his two kids (about 2 and 4 yrs old). My nephew was making such a racket, singing at the top of his voice, I told him to pack it in, which he did immediatley.

Later my brother told me off, saying I was stifling the child and that if you tell them to be quiet they may never speak again. What a load of old bollocks.
    your bro has got it wrong. kids need rules. my wifes sister was like that and her kids grew up wild and troublesome. now they dislike her for not giving them the right guidelines as to behaviour
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    your bro has got it wrong. kids need rules. my wifes sister was like that and her kids grew up wild and troublesome. now they dislike her for not giving them the right guidelines as to behaviour
    Agreed

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit1cat View Post
    Buy a Roku box and subscribe to now tv, that will get you sky 1, sky atlantic and 11 other channels for £6.99 a month.
    I'll look into this one.

I'm Grant.

Just purchased an Amazon Fire tv box. I get prime free anyways as the boy uses my account and he has sky. I have a box that does it to the tv but its a bit of a faff so splashed out on this ....and a new camera too....as I have sold quite a few things with more to go.
    was watching stuff on the pc tonight and realised that there is a lot of stuff on prime I can get for nowt
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Amazon Fire tv box comes tomorrow so hope to give an opinion on it soon. I have already earmarked a number of shows to watch when I am in the mood
    Also got a new camera coming...a Canon again this time and will see how it matches up v my rather good Sony. The Fire box allows me to stream music and also photos up to a cloud etc....and has an optical out so can connect it to the dac. also pretty portable with double band wifi so will be easy to move it from upstairs to downstairs. Even has voice control.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Beam me up Scotty
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Beam me up Scotty
    Oh, I do hope so
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Voice activation. Very 21st century. Does it talk back to you in a soothing femake voice like the computer in 'Dark Star'?

If so I want one.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast