+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: A viable alternative to Sky

I'm Grant.

Box them up and stash them in a cupboard or summat.. A few years you may want them again. I did that with lots..after 5 years i found some i wanted again. The rest i give away or rebox... Doubt they will go completely out of fashion and if your bb goes down you may be glad of them
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

The DVDs? yes I won't get rid, I'm just trying to stop buying more. I was an early adopter and bought a copy of Halliwells and went through it and marked all the films I wanted to get. Think I have them all now bar a dozen or so, so it is not a bad collection, very little dross.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The DVDs? yes I won't get rid, I'm just trying to stop buying more. I was an early adopter and bought a copy of Halliwells and went through it and marked all the films I wanted to get. Think I have them all now bar a dozen or so, so it is not a bad collection, very little dross.
    I rarely buy any now myself but very occasionally.. Ive a few blu rays and if buying now i try to get them, and if its a remaster of a film i have of old film etc. Ive got a freeview box with recording facility and a terabyte of space so record stuff i dont have and lots of simpsons and timeteams ...i can then watch them when in mood at my leisure... Would be lost without it. Once its getting full i have a cull... It then has a clean up for a day itself and its ooo til it moves everything around.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

That's why I like having the Virgin thing with all the channels. You can always find an episode of Time Team or something similar to watch, any time of day or night. Whether it is worth £500 a year or whatever it costs is a different matter.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Plenty on c4 ,more4.. Get a recorder and start saving them.. Auto series record man save all thouse 500£ a year.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I'm with Grant on this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011