Couldn't make Scalford and consoled myself by measuring the small signal tubes in my phono. I thought 'why not try out some of the heap for microphonics whilst the lid is off the phono stage'.
The Vinyl 1 stage has 3 ECC83, one each for the first stage and another doing second gain stage duties. Sensible opportunity.
It sounded worthy enough, so off I went. Now I have spent a day listening to fab music instead of doing what I was supposed to, and instead of doing a quick check of many tubes for noise, microphonics, etc I've been gving some of my treasures a run out and descended to the start of a full blooded comparison...my time is gone, I can see it...

Currently some long plate pre-56 S&H rarities in place, usual Tele long smooth plate in 2nd stage, boy what an OCD treat! But is I can see the way this is going - what to do guys?

PS: Tungsram industrial section made some twin support tubes that (in my system and my opinion) are super, and still under the radar. Anyone else used these and if so what did you think?