+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I promsed these pictures months ago and never got round to posting them

I'm Graham.

Default I promsed these pictures months ago and never got round to posting them

Here as I promised something last year are the photos of my equipment, hope you like them.
    IMG_4385.jpgIMG_4384.jpgIMG_4383.jpgIMG_4380.jpg
    The Goldring Lenco plinth may look stock but inside it certainly isn't as I have added a whole load more meat to give it more solidity but a job for the future is to build a new completely solid plinth. The arm is an SME 3009 series 3 with a Shjure V15III

The speakers are Tannoy Cheviots, the amp is my own design MOSFET whilst the preamp as also my own work, the first three knobs on the preamp are for record out select for up to three tape machines, the next knob is the input select and the final one is the volume control. You can also see a Revox A77 Mk4 high speed half track machine with Dolby (the Dolby is no longer used except to play back tapes which were recorded with it.

Also in view is my Myryad 112 CD player, a Teac V770 cassette recorder and a Panasonic DMR-BWT735 DVD recorder and a Mitsubishi HS871TV video recorder.

Other bits to follow in the next post.

Graham

I'm Graham.

Default And the follow pictures

And the remaining stuff I have which gets used for music transfer for other people as well as myself:
    IMG_4387.jpgIMG_4388.jpgIMG_4389.jpgIMG_4390.jpg
    Here we have an Akai 1800-SS reel to reel machine which can also deal with 8 track cartridges, a Ferrograph SP7 which sounds superb, a Garrard 401 in a custom plinth with a SME 3009 series 2 improved and another Shure V15II and finally we have a Goldring Lenco GL78 in a stock plinth (for now) with a Linn LVX Basic arm and a Shure M97xE.

Stashed away is a Teac A450 cassette recorder, an Ortofon OM PRO and 2 A&R E77 cartridges. Also not on display is my 50w valve amp that I built way back in 1977 and is used with my computer for music editing and the somewhat newer 100w valve amp which is not yet finished.

Graham

I'm Shane.

Looks nice.

S.

I'm Dave.

Very nice Graham, interesting amps , more info on your design please. I must say i fear for your turntable with those teetering books above.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    Very nice Graham, interesting amps , more info on your design please. I must say i fear for your turntable with those teetering books above.
    I actually felt my heart leap when I saw that photo......as if the turntables mine
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

I'm Graham.

Default re: I promised these pictures months ago and never got round to posting them

The books are more stable than they may look otherwise they would have been moved years ago but the shelf is quite deep and they are wedged tight.

I'll publish some drawings of the amp and preamp circuits as soon as I've got around to drawing them on CAD rather than hand drawn on scraps of paper.

Graham

I'm Andr'e.

Nice but the Series III is not a '3009' May have been referred to that in Japan tho..

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Nice but the Series III is not a '3009' May have been referred to that in Japan tho..
    Slip of the keyboard there....

Graham

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by 400v on the anode View Post
    The books are more stable than they may look otherwise they would have been moved years ago

Graham
    just goes to show pictures can mislead. thanks Graham.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

+ Reply to Thread