+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi there

I'm miles.

Default Hi there

Hi

My names miles and I live in Coventry (sins in a previous life). Wanted to join a HIFI forum as after a long period of being happy with my HIFI I feel the need to sell some stuff to buy more stuff.

Namley because my lovely though fastidious girlfriend has taken exception to my speakers (dynaudio DM 2/7s) and tells me a should get some that wont upset guests. I cant blame her with their grey and greyer surrounds and 70s pimp-my-wardrobe vinyl wrap. Who am I to stand in the way of her letting me buy things?

Problem is that they are actually the first ones in a longish line that I don’t find wanting in any way. I like listening to music loud, dance, hip hop, pop etc.. so want furniture that’s easy to drive (for a brio r ) and sounds good.

Ive recently auditioned:

Kef ls50 (not easy to drive)
    Kef r300 – clear and detailed, very controlled but too forward for me
    B&W CM5 SE – nice top and bottom but I found the mid a bit recessed
    Rega RS5 – great fun and musical but the high frequencies were making me want to hit it up with a lump hammer.
    PMC DB1i – superb, but dinky ..

Heard the r300, B&W and PMCs at frank Harvey and it was a really good demo for getting my thoughts straight. The nice man thought what might fit the bill are the PMC TB2i but I couldn’t hear any as they are now discontinued with the twenty range.

My budget is in the £600ish range and I did try a guy on gumtree selling at the moment, but hes sent me 3 sets of pictures, two in different finishes and with three different serial numbers. He might not be trustworthy?

If any one has listened to the DB1i/TB2is and can comment on how they compare I would be very interested. Even better if someone has a second hand pair they have going?

Cheers

Miles

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Miles,

Sadly I can't advise you on speakers as I rarely listen to currently available equipment these days (my gear is 'from the Ark'), but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can help you. We have a lot of knowlegable members here. To help provide a 'short list, roughly how large can the speakers be and what is your budget?

Hoping you will soon have some help with your enquiry,

Regards
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Geoffrey.

Hello and welcome Miles.

Geoff.

+ Reply to Thread