+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Graphic EQs

I'm Andr'e.

I don't need one but i like what an EQ adds to the sound. I'd love a Soundcraftsman 20-12a. I'd post pickkies of it on AOS every single day

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

John I can't help thinking that the problem lies in the match between your amp and your speakers. If I were nearer I would ask you to bring round both and try each on another system... I have a low powered valve amp but have a friend who has NVA gear that would probably 'wake-up' the speakers. I personally would not touch a graphic EQ but that's just my opinion...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Andr'e.

The laughable thing is with the anti EQ/Anti-Tone control mob is they are constantly swap & change their hi-fi.

I just play with my knobs & hey presto.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    I don't need one but i like what an EQ adds to the sound. I'd love a Soundcraftsman 20-12a. I'd post pickkies of it on AOS every single day
    That looks very similar to the SAE jobbies.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    I just play with my knobs & hey presto.
    That's just fine...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Here's my cheapo Tandy job:

001.jpg

Yes, that is a Tandy (Realistic) reverb unit at the top.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm inactive.

I had a succession of the bleeders in the 70s/80s and they could keep me amused for hours fiddling about

the last one I had was a super flat Technics jobby:

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/technic...ualizer_8.html

I got rid a few years back when I realised it had been parked on the floor for well over a decade

I'm John.

My system consists mainly of the HK670 and the source in question is a Sansui CDD 201V. Speakers are Boston Acoustic A26's.
    My primary cables are Van Damme Blue & Van Damme IC's but I've changed the speaker cable to Chord silver stuff & the IC is now a Silver High Breed model.

The change in cables helped but I still can't help but think the amp is the problem, although I think the Bostons tend to lean towards the warmer side of neutral.
    If I use the amp in Source Direct mode it sounds awfully dull to my ears, with direct off I've had to knock the bass back & up the treble a bit. I know that's what they're there for but I've never
    needed to do it with any other amps I've had in the past (there have been a few).

The phono stage is cack too imo. I thought HK had a good rep.

I very nearly bought a QED A240 off a guy in Ayrshire last month, he's got it advertised on the Wam…might try it out.
    Last edited by Stiffy; 27-02-2015 at 00:29.

I'm Grant.

Some seem to think so; I'm not a lover of their stuff. but all thinks are system dependent and everyone has differing requirements. If as I say you could try another amp in your system then it will give you a clue I'd say.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Some seem to think so; I'm not a lover of their stuff. but all thinks are system dependent and everyone has differing requirements. If as I say you could try another amp in your system then it will give you a clue I'd say.
    My son has an older HK, I can't recall it sounding like mine so I'll give it a whirl in my system tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast