+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Antigua & Barbuda

I'm Grant.

yeah best not to expose yourself i burn too, so if going a hol its more likely to be iceland tbh....not that i have a passport now
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/M55 SAS/EMOTIVA XPS1 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Have you given up the nudist beaches, then? Those little ‘pink bits’ do tend to crisp up quickly!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Grant.

i will field that.... i got a one of payment NOT to come back
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/M55 SAS/EMOTIVA XPS1 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

Marco.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Ian.

I was lucky enough to visit Antigua to watch cricket a couple of years ago. The people there were lovely and so hospitable. Here's hoping they recover quickly after the ravages of Irma.

I'm Martin.

Looks like it hit Barbuda pretty hard, 75% of structures are damaged.

Wouldn't put me off living there, though. Fabulous place.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / NVA A30 Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

Default Remember that 'lottery win'?

And ultimately, you said you preferred Stoke!!

Very sad what happened in Barbuda, though. That sort of stuff (and any other forms of extreme weather) would definitely put me off from living there, as I like to live somewhere that's essentially safe, thus free from any risk of hurricanes, tornados and/or serious earthquakes.

But over and above that, I couldn't live in the Caribbean (as much as it would be lovely place for a holiday), as the lifestyle is simply too alien to what I'm used to, and I'm not a beach/excessive heat type person. Nope, give me Western Europe any day. I can see my final resting place ending up being somewhere in the hills of Tuscany!

Marco.

I'm Martin.

They are talking now about evacuating Barbuda before the second hurricane arrives. Very sad.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / NVA A30 Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

Indeed, it must be pretty scary essentially being a sitting target, with nowhere to run, just waiting to be blown into oblivion... Terrible. I guess evacuation is the only answer.

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12