+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antigua & Barbuda

I'm Martin.

Default Antigua & Barbuda

A couple of snaps from my recent hols.

First the obligatory 'view from the hotel balcony':

Eric Clapton's House (you have to zoom in to the end of that peninsula to see it. I don't think he was home, musn't have realised I was coming...

Can't remember if this was a runined fort or a ruined platation. Ruined, anyway:

Hotel beach:

And again

Got the 'ferry' to Barbuda which is a small coral island about 40 miles north of Antigua. Like spending 2 hours on a mechanical bull, i would not recommend this trip if you get seasick:

Frigate bird sanctuary on Barbuda. They breed here and on the Galapagos islands, apparantly:

Deserted beach on Barbuda. They used to wrek ships here in the good old days:

'having it large' on the beach on Barbuda:

Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / NVA A30 Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Grant.

not a topless chick in sight
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/M55 SAS/EMOTIVA XPS1 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Martin.

It was all Yanks and Canucks; no trashy British birds getting them out
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / NVA A30 Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Alan.

You didn't even get them out yourself Martin by the look of it, don't you like the sun?

Looks like a nice place to visit, I take it you enjoyed the break.

Alan
    Firebottle - for the no bottleneck approach.

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Geoff.

Looks nice. Bet the heat came as a shock after being here.

I'm Dave.

Nice martin, is that a bottle of foreign export Guinness ( 7.5%) i spy in your hand?
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Andrei.

Brilliant Martin! Make sure you do some snorkeling. Oh, and by the way, don't start any cable discussions with the locals.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    Nice martin, is that a bottle of foreign export Guinness ( 7.5%) i spy in your hand?
    Yep good old foreign export, packs a wallop especially combined with the sun
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nice pics, Martin! Not too dissimilar to Stoke, though……… On a Tuesday…… On acid…….. If you’re blind……………….

I see you decided against the gingham shorts

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I see you decided against the gingham shorts

Marco.
    yeah - packed 'em but never wore 'em

Seriously though the sun is merciless out there especially in the middle of the day. I burn in minutes if I'm exposed, even with loads of factor 30 P20 slapped on. Hence the cap and the tracky bottoms
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast