+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What’s the best system you’ve heard/seen on YouTube?

TheMooN Guest

Theme tune to The Pink Panther, MBL Radialstrahler 101E MKII.
    Last edited by TheMooN; 28-02-2015 at 13:02.

I'm Deleted.

Default What’s the best system you’ve heard/seen on YouTube?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony K View Post
    Way outta my price range but have always loved the sound of Accuphase & Conrad Johnson

I see that system is also using the Morel Fat Lady speakers which I thought were one of the best sounds at show a few years ago in Munich.

Bloody awful jazz though!
    Last edited by YNWaN; 28-02-2015 at 11:33.
    Account Deleted

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Thought this might be more to your taste Marco: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4tFrs4Bex0

Personally I'll go with the Jazz Cafe clip you posted at the start of the thread. They use Mark Levinson amplification, so can't be bad.
    Yeah, I noticed that! I do like ML amps, anyway, being one of my favourite solid-state designs. Their ‘marriage’ with those big JBLs sounded breathtakingly wonderful!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Here you go Marco - cream yesell

Yeah, dude, I’ve seen that vid before. Freakin’ awesome! It’s exactly the kind of thing I’d be doing if/when we move to a bigger house, with a listening room on the ground floor. I wouldn’t hesitate to import something like that.

Of course it wouldn’t be cheap, but when you consider how much so-called ‘high-end’ speakers cost today (say a pair of Focal Utopias, for example), paying for and importing a pair of Hartsfields from Japan should leave some change, and produce a sound that would make a mockery of any loudspeakers made these days!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMooN View Post
    Sounds ok, Roger, but what is it we’re listening to? The problem with a lot of this stuff is the dire music being played - it’s all too audiophile, middle of the road, and ‘safe’ for my tastes!

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I see that system is also using the Morel Fat Lady speakers which I thought were one of the best sounds at show a few years ago in Munich.

Bloody awful jazz though!
    Indeed, although I like *some* jazz music. I’m not big on trad-jazz. I found the sound a bit too ‘clean’ and ‘hifi’ for my tastes, though.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Kevin.

To answer the original question - mine.
    My system is the limiting factor here, along with MP3. I don't go looking for YouTube clips of uber-systems, as the recordings are often dire.
    I'd much rather listen to my uncompressed music.

I would rather look at still pictures, and then try to have a real listen at some point. The list is getting longer...
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

It’s just a bit of fun, dude

Marco.
    Main System

Another Kenrick Audio delight….

What a system and listening room (and clearly a music lover, although what he was playing was not to my taste)! The room is nice and ‘lived in’ too, which I respect, rather than the soulless and insipid ‘footballer’s wife show home’ look so many folk [usually, personality-free social climbers] seem to favour these days!!

Only thing is, I wouldn’t put the kit right in between the speakers like that.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Kevin.

I realise it's a bit of fun. It says so in the original post.
    A picture is enough for me though.

Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast