+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: What’s the best system you’ve heard/seen on YouTube?

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I heard the JBL Paragon several times in the seventies. It was bloody awful. Dreadfully coloured. I can't see that any amount of modification would sort a flawed design.
    Indeed I would expect it to be crap! However in possible defence of the thing, an ex colleague at MF and Alchemist reckoned it was the best sound he had ever heard! I've not heard it myself.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Indeed I would expect it to be crap! However in possible defence of the thing, an ex colleague at MF and Alchemist reckoned it was the best sound he had ever heard! I've not heard it myself.
    A pair of front loaded 15" drivers in small sealed rear boxes with reflective surfaces all round, firing into a too short, undamped horn with parallel side walls will inevitably have major problems.

It's rather like using two Voigt horns on their sides. Except Voigt got his right(ish).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Thread resurrection.

Speakers first rule?

Go on Jerry that amp looks like a must buy: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Q9-HIFI-US...YAAOSwAlNZcAES

Sounds great through my JBLs modified by Len Ovo!

I'm David.

Hey Marco where in Japan. And what name. I will be there in two weeks. Love the Japanese attitude to hi Fi....come to think their philosophy of life, food and and and....well back to the Cafe you know it will be in some town I will be driving through. I just know it.
    Regards Dave
    PS I altered my Westies a month ago. I will post progress

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627