+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm really enjoying this little fella.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by carruthersesq View Post
    Had an email from Arthur today in which he mentions the SGD will be on the Funk website later this week.
    I had a drink in the pub with him before Christmas when he told me the same thing. The road to hell is paved with good intentions

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    Hey, maybe that PT bloke would like to share all his royalties!! Then again, I think I nicked it from somewhere and mine only has two rather than three or then again, it might be totally different anyway!!

My development hack got hacked again about three months ago and I added an additional bearing (out of a buggered hard disk - great quality) to take the strain off the bearing towards the motor. Such a small change and the effect was subtle but they all add up after all.

This smoothed out the sound and actually added a little to depth and height. We are talking a fraction but it obviously does something.

One of these days, I must pretty it all up again.
    The royalties would have been in the post if you could explain why your arrangement doesn't make things worse rather than better. Its to do with resonances - and as a hint the pulleys are not the same size - they turn at different speeds. But I'm afraid AK has the patent

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpinkman View Post
    The royalties would have been in the post if you could explain why your arrangement doesn't make things worse rather than better. Its to do with resonances - and as a hint the pulleys are not the same size - they turn at different speeds. But I'm afraid AK has the patent
    Well, there's a surprise

My arrangement does make it better. No idea why and don't care really, it just does. Perhaps because it take some strain off the bearing perhaps some other reason, who knows?

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by carruthersesq View Post
    Had this a few months now and the cart may now be just run in (30hrs??) but I have to say, I'm thoroughly enjoying it, it just sings so right, nothing gets in the way of the music. Its getting addictive, every spare moment I have (and some I shouldn't have) i just spin a record or three!!

I too have to admit... Most Funk TT's are bloody awful to look at but that one is superb! I know they sound great so you have a very nice TT there.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

The thing I like about Arthur is that he always thinks outside of the box, and tries to be different. By adopting that approach, it’s natural that sometimes you’re going to get it wrong, but when you get it right, as in this case, the rewards can be significant!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

The new TT (LSD's bigger brother) is now on Funks website along with a 30day money back trail at home offer. Can't ask for more really.

I'm Steve.

My god this sounds great. A little late night listen before bed to help unwind.

Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings are kicking it.

I'm Timothy.

That is a fine looking table there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123