+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DaveK

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Sad news indeed... My thoughts are with the family... I am so sorry for your loss
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

This is very sad news!
    RIP Dave.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Andrei.

If anyone knows his relic or nearest relative please pass on my condolences. DaveK and I exchanged a few emails and I am saddened by his passing. I knew he must be getting on because he did not know who Voldemort was I had to explain and send him a pic! On the Technics side he had a couple of innovative ideas and I can already see he will be missed on this forum.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Neil.

Sad news, larger than life character who's colourful activity will be missed.

Regards Neil

I'm Gary.

Aw hell...
    Sad news indeed.

Dave and I go way back, hadn't heard from him in a long time and asked about if anyone knew how he was getting on.
    As Jerry (Covenant) says, Dave, him and I used to swap mods for the early Beresford dacs back in the day, got to know him (as much as you can online) quite well.

He was a bit of a character sometimes, but always looked out for others and had a strong sense of justice and doing the right thing, a generational thing as well as just being one of those guys.
    This led him to a few forum spats, but he was gentlemanly enough to agree to disagree...MOST of the time

Almost bumped into him at a couple of hifi shows around the country, regret never having bought him that pint I said I owed him for helping me out so much in the early days.

RIP Dave,
    Will always remember your wobbly belly avatar, made me smile everytime I seen it.

Godpseed mate.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Met him at a couple of Owstons, as you say Gaz, a gent. I bought a pair of speakers from him that I ended up swapping for the OB's I have now.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Rob.

Very sad news. Oddly enough I was thinking about him recently as he used to email every now and then as I had made a power supply for him several years ago. Something that has exercised my mind over the years (as you get older) is how to deal with the people you leave behind when they only exist in the ether so to speak. I suppose we all ought to make a file giving Forums inhabited, user names and passwords for those left behind to access in the event of our death. It would be good for them to see that the "sad old git" that spent many hours on his hifi and talking to others about it was (I hope) a valued contributor and will be missed.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Shane.

Never did communicate with this fellow.

Oh well, RIP

S.

I'm Andr'e.

I hitched a lift with Dave up to the pork pie show one year...He picked me & the wife up from Meadowhall petrol station. I remember the drivers side window on his Jag dropped down & could not get it to stay up, hence we cut our stay short as he was naturally worried about leaving the car open..Nice bloke Dave was..

I'm Shaun.

Thank you for the update, this is indeed very sad news.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast