+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Denon DVD 2500BT

I'm Graham.

Default Denon DVD 2500BT

This is yet another call for advice!! I've just been given the above DVD player - although it says Blu-ray/Dvd Video Transport?? What is "Transport"??? Not done a lot of searching the inter web as yet. Been using it all afternoon and the picture quality seems great even on my older dvd's - the only down side is that it's built like a house!!!

I'm Andrei.

It means you can unscrew the feet and replace them with rollers. In that way it can be used as a skateboard to transport you from A to B. Another possibility is that it has digital outs. So you can plonk in a CD for example and send that signal to a DAC, or maybe HDMI Out that can go to a Receiver. I think using it as a source with some other equipment doing the processing - it is just transporting the data.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Graham.

That makes sense, as it's only got a HDMI connection It's plugged straight into my TV and sound from TV via my amp to get a better sound from my TV will I need to get a decent DAC - the one I've got is only small (about the size of a cig packet!!) also only using two speakers!!

I'm Luis.

Hi Graham,

I also have one. Got it second hand, but it seems really in as new condition. Not even a mark, except for the remote.

I feel the disk tray is a bit slow to open/close, though, but I'm not sure if that's normal or not.
    Do you feel the same?
    Mine takes around 2.5 seconds between clicking the close button and hearing the "close" sound.

Image quality and build quality are just great!

--
    Luis

I'm Andrew.

What a coincidence. I am watching one now on the auction site. The fact it does DVD Audio and SACD attracted me initially, but as you say, on further investigation I found it to be only a transport and with only HDMI out. Not even a coaxial to go to my DAC. So not for me unfortunately. Hope you enjoy yours.

I'm Luis.

I'm taking the sound from the TV. SPdif to the DAC. No problems until now. Did not compare it to the CD transport yet, though.

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by pitadavespa View Post
    I'm taking the sound from the TV. SPdif to the DAC. No problems until now. Did not compare it to the CD transport yet, though.
    Yes, the drawer action is a little slow, but to be honest I can't find any other fault with it. The HD playback is great and so is the CD Audio. I also play via the TV into a small DAC - to be honest that was the hardest part - finding a DAC that would accept a HDMI lead.....If anyone knows of a quality DAC with HDMI please let me know

I'm Luis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-Brown View Post
    Yes, the drawer action is a little slow, but to be honest I can't find any other fault with it. The HD playback is great and so is the CD Audio. I also play via the TV into a small DAC - to be honest that was the hardest part - finding a DAC that would accept a HDMI lead.....If anyone knows of a quality DAC with HDMI please let me know
    I'm not sure if I recommend this. I tried it for more than once and I always found the sound a bit out of sync with the image. :\

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by pitadavespa View Post
    I'm not sure if I recommend this. I tried it for more than once and I always found the sound a bit out of sync with the image. :\
    Not been a problem so far..My Samsung smart telly has to function to adjust the "snyc" but I've never needed to use it yet Overall very pleased with the output, just was thinking that there maybe something out there to improve it

I'm Rene.

Great device.
    And a good idea to skip the decoding device in this unit as almost everybody have a decoder in the reciever.

+ Reply to Thread