+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Once you have Black you never go back........

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by amigarobbo View Post
    Okey, I've done it. I've got one!

Even just slapped in and from new, is better than my, admittedly rather old, Blue Cadenza.

Welcome to the club Stephen.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Andy.

Wait a minute, slapped it in to what?
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Stephen.

Err.. my tonearm...

Slapped in meaning just quickly set the tracking angle correct, got the weight correct, but as the Blue and Black are similar size and weight just sticking it in should be a simple drop in replacement.

Anyway, here's the old Blue

https://youtu.be/Zmb3uhG2BrU?t=346

Black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icLwZno6Ip8

Even via Youtoobs business there's a definite improvement, although looking back the noise on the blue does suggest it was well past its prime.

WARNING NOT AUDIOPHILE APPROVED MUSIC!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021