+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Wharfedale Denton 80th. Anniversary speakers

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    I still like these - must get 'em down sometime...

Are they the Denton or Denton 2 Dave?

I have to admit I didn't like any of that circa 1970 range of Wharfedales much, apart from grudging fondness for the Dovedale III. I preferred the Celestions and one or two Goodmans models.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Are they the Denton or Denton 2 Dave?

I have to admit I didn't like any of that circa 1970 range of Wharfedales much, apart from grudging fondness for the Dovedale III. I preferred the Celestions and one or two Goodmans models.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RANK-WHARF...item2c960d6380

a nice early pair for you Geoff
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

They're original Dentons as far as I know (W20 model) with paper cone and huge rubber roll surround and a funky purple cone-dome tweeter. Very nice sounding still. the Denton 2 was very coloured as I remember.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Geoff.

They're original Dentons as far as I know (W20 model) with paper cone and huge rubber roll surround and a funky purple cone-dome tweeter. Very nice sounding still. the Denton 2 was very coloured as I remember.
    Yeah, I remember that model well. Used them quite a few times. Same tweeter as the Melton.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martyn.

Perhaps I need to buy a pair of the W20 model to complement the 80th. Anniversary models.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn Miles View Post
    Perhaps I need to buy a pair of the W20 model to complement the 80th. Anniversary models.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-WH...item3cf3d27621

I'm Shane.

And in Greenford too

S.

I'm Martyn.

Yes, Marco, you are doubtless correct.
    I was very surprised how musical these Dentons are.
    Going back to 'modern' loudspeakers, even some very expensive ones sound excessively bright.
    For somebody who goes to listens to live music, records it and lives with it, the present day speakers don't seem to be based on music !
    M Miles.
    I disconnected my Spendor BC1s and gave these little Dentons a very long listening session yesterday.
    They really are superb.
    Initially I missed the scale the BC1s give, but after about half an hour or so I had fully adjusted to the Dentons.
    I won't go into detail, just say that they give a sense of really listening through to the music.
    I will be honest and say that I never expected a modern loudspeaker, especially a relatively small one, to be just so good.
    M Miles.

I'm Martyn.

It’s a while since any contribution to this thread, but if anyone is interested I have a pair of 80th Anniversary Dentons
    for sale.
    Brand new, sealed in the box.
    Walnut cabinets.
    £340.00

Martyn Miles
    MGM Audio.

milesmartyn99@gmail.com

I'm Steve.

It’s a while since any contribution to this thread, but if anyone is interested I have a pair of 80th Anniversary Dentons
    for sale.
    Brand new, sealed in the box.
    Walnut cabinets.
    £340.00

Martyn Miles
    MGM Audio.

milesmartyn99@gmail.com
    You probably need to stick this in Private Exhibitions Martyn. And with some piccies
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast