+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: me and danjennings are having a good day!!

I'm David.

Default me and danjennings are having a good day!!

i went in to cash converters to look for sl1210's the other day they had 3 pairs

1 tatty pair for £259 (one of them had a busted arm)
    1 pretty nice looking pair for £440
    and 2 individual units in very nice condition in flight cases marked up with one lable saying £250 .. i made the asumtion that these were £250 each and moved on

the next day i went back and thought id be cheeky and ask if the price applyed to the pair or individual, thinking he was going to laugh and say individual. he didnt actually know, so he called over his superviser who without really looking said "for the pair". without really taking a second to think i said what do you need for a deposit. £50 was his response.. i tried to remain cool, walked up to the counter signed the bit of paper and gave the man £50
    that was 2 days ago. i have since scraped the money together collected dans half, and this morning went into the shop and paid the rest off! i, at one point, pushing my luck, asked the man how much profit they make on the kit they sell.. he said "normally we take something in for £10 and sell it for £20", he then looked rather sheepish and said "in the case of your decks we took them in for... well... lets just say ... over £200"
    i think i might have got me a good deal. they are in very good nick haveing apeared to have spent thier lives in flight cases

please excuse the below par images, the iphone is a bit poo at photos in any light.. so low light are ... well you can see how crap! il crack out the proper camera when i get them home from the shop later!

price i got both for:

no grime in the places the other decks were grimey

flight cases.. should make a few quid back on these

the price i think they were meant to be sold for.. good job they didnt spot that price lable

... feeling a bit smug today.. theres nothing like getting a good deal
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

...p.s. does anyone wanna sell me a lid at some point.. im sure my cats would be able to do any damage but i think i might like to play it on the safe side!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

You lucky, lucky barstewards! Enjoy them!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Neil.

BARGAIN of the year so far well done. The flight-cases alone are worth probably about £400 new or a bit more.

This is what happens when you employ rubbish staff your profits walk out the door.

Anyway Hamish you and Dan have done very well and are now on that very slippery road to Marco land.....

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm Dan.

I have literally just been staring at those pictures for about 5 minutes!
    I am a little bit excited! I can't wait to actually spin a little piece of plastic with a hole (whoa!) it's been so long....

I'm InSpace.

I'm moved this out of 'Private Exhibitions'... That area is basically a 'For Sale' section.

Unless of course you're offering them to us for £250?
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Well done, guys - you have truly scooped a great deal!

Enjoy! You have a huge pool of knowledge and experience here of modifiying the Techy to tap into should you need it

We expect to see lots of write-ups on how things are progressing when you get round to spinning some tunes at home!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm David.

.. year sorry didnt mean to put it in private exhibision am just a bit over exited...
    think i might stick those cases on ebay then.. £400 new eh.. i did get us a good deal didnt i?!
    i already have my oc9 removed from the roksan and sat on a oc headshell ready to be mounted when i get home.
    gotta get em home yet mind, i nearly killed my self walking from cash converters to here, it turns out sl1210's in flightcases are rather weighty!!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish_gill View Post
    .. year sorry didnt mean to put it in private exhibision am just a bit over exited...
    think i might stick those cases on ebay then.. £400 new eh.. i did get us a good deal didnt i?!
    i already have my oc9 removed from the roksan and sat on a oc headshell ready to be mounted when i get home.
    gotta get em home yet mind, i nearly killed my self walking from cash converters to here, it turns out sl1210's in flightcases are rather weighty!!
    I said maybe about £400 anyway if you want them modded by Dave Cawley and the like I can't think of a better way to ship gear about the country than in a flight case....keep them.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish_gill View Post
    ...p.s. does anyone wanna sell me a lid at some point.. im sure my cats would be able to do any damage but i think i might like to play it on the safe side!
    You can get a new one for a reasonable sum:

http://www.qualitydj.co.uk/spares-te...s-c-29_31.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast