+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: me and danjennings are having a good day!!

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    I said maybe about £400 anyway if you want them modded by Dave Cawley and the like I can't think of a better way to ship gear about the country than in a flight case....keep them.

Regards D S D L
    that, is a very good point!
    expecially as they are "swanflight" cases at £49 new... its def worth keeping!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish_gill View Post
    that, is a very good point!
    expecially as they are "swanflight" cases at £49 new... its def worth keeping!
    Thats cheap for flight cases I was told once that these cost much more new.... I smell a con, I didnt fall in to it. Maybe it was because they were custom cases and not production ones Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Alex, no point in trying Cash Converters in Ipswich, they never seem to have any decent audio gear there, although I only look in about three or four times a year.....

I've seen lid + hinges for these on eBay and still think the arm is good for most things, if not the best for a Denon 103. the arm-height adjustability may just reduce rigidity though, although re-wiring, re-footing, re-supplying and re-matting works wonders even before you've changed arms.

Good luck and hope you get most of the funds back from flogging the Thorens
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Alex, no point in trying Cash Converters in Ipswich, they never seem to have any decent audio gear there, although I only look in about three or four times a year.....

I've seen lid + hinges for these on eBay and still think the arm is good for most things, if not the best for a Denon 103. the arm-height adjustability may just reduce rigidity though, although re-wiring, re-footing, re-supplying and re-matting works wonders even before you've changed arms.

Good luck and hope you get most of the funds back from flogging the Thorens
    cheers! im very happy to have got one of these decks now.. i feel like spending money on it will bever be a waste/dead money .. and thats quite a nice feeling!

im going for a mat first i think .. then save up for a power supply! loads of fun!!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    That is so spooky - you read my mind! I'm scared now!

The funny thing is, before I found this forum, I had no idea they are "in vogue" by audiophiles - I could never understand why the SL1210's were "frowned upon" by hi-fi types years ago - for my sins I used to DJ around Norwich/Norfolk (nothing glamourous, I can assure you!) but some of the clubs/bars I worked had them, and I always thought they sounded great, compared to the Dual I had at home at the time. I even had a pair for a while, but only ever used on the road - sold them for a lot less than you've just paid boys, but it was about 17 years ago!

Damn you lot... you don't 'arf get me thinking... Anyone wanna buy a Pro-Ject RPM 4?
    Last edited by Alex_UK; 21-08-2009 at 16:06. Reason: Spelling - we're not Audiphiles, now are we?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm David.

bloody hell i wish today would go quicker...
    ...after all this i really hope i do actually like how this thing sounds!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12