+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Visit to Tom's Place (Montesquieu)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Simon.

Tom,
    Great write up, that is some journey!
    That Tram2 of yours with 45 valve did do some amazing things, bit it was microphonic even if less so than my 2A3 version.
    Best of luck with the preamp search, are you really suggesting you are going to settle after that 😉
    SJS Arcadia Line Level Pre-amplifiers, Headphone amps, MM Phono Stages and SET Power amps - service, repairs, upgrades.
    Designed and hand-built in England.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sjs View Post
    Tom,
    Great write up, that is some journey!
    That Tram2 of yours with 45 valve did do some amazing things, bit it was microphonic even if less so than my 2A3 version.
    Best of luck with the preamp search, are you really suggesting you are going to settle after that ��
    Honestly ... I hope so. Will has loaned me a Woodside SC26 which he's done some work on, and it's not bad at all!

I can see myself still playing with stuff like cartridges, but I'll be glad when the big changes are complete (as, mostly, I think they are).

Quote Originally Posted by petrat View Post
    Well, there is a little concealed door round the back ... but don't tell his wife
    It's where I keep the drugs stash. She doesn't know about it, but she also doesn't know that I know that she keeps her vodka in the washing machine

+ Reply to Thread