+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannoy DC Question

I'm Grant.

Watching a pair from the states of the 800,s.....look ok but too far to travel.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Watching a pair from the states of the 800,s.....look ok but too far to travel.
    These ones Grant? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2518322343...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Are they any good then ? and are they worth that sort of money ?
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Grant.

Thats them... Dunno. the price is ok but when you take the postage and no doubt customs charge, and the possibility of damage???
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    These ones Grant? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2518322343...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Are they any good then ? and are they worth that sort of money ?
    A couple of years ago you'd have paid £200 to £250. Lately they've been going up. They do sound superb though.

Lovely speakers, but I'd be hesitant to import. The carriage & duty would be offputting and if they got damaged there'd be an awful hassle. Suppose they wanted them returned before a refund? You'd probably pay £150 return shipping.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

So how does the System 800 compare to all the 'old' monitor Red/Golds etc ?

Thanks for all your help...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

So how does the System 800 compare to all the 'old' monitor Red/Golds etc ?

Thanks for all your help...
    The 800 is very different to the older 'Monitors'. It is less coloured and smoother. Transparency is more or less as good and the imaging is superb, bags of punch for a smallish box too. They are 94db sensitivity and have a power handling of 180 watts if I recall, sensible impedance curve as well, so they'll go damn loud and work with any amp.

I reckon the older pepperpot speakers just have that little bit more 'vitality & vibrancy' though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The 800 is very different to the older 'Monitors'. It is less coloured and smoother. Transparency is more or less as good and the imaging is superb, bags of punch for a smallish box too. They are 94db sensitivity and have a power handling of 180 watts if I recall, sensible impedance curve as well, so they'll go damn loud and work with any amp.

I reckon the older pepperpot speakers just have that little bit more 'vitality & vibrancy' though.
    Thanks Geoff

If I DID go for the 800's would they be a good bet? What changes would I hear over the Heresy's ? I really do appreciate all the help... xx

I have a 'sneaky' suspicion that DC's will have a similar sound to the Heresy's.. with their immediacy and clean sound.. any thoughts ??
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

Thanks Geoff

If I DID go for the 800's would they be a good bet? What changes would I hear over the Heresy's ? I really do appreciate all the help... xx
    To be honest, I'd point you towards the LGMs I mentioned. They are in a different league and the cost could likely work out less. Check out the online reviews. The System 800 is well liked, but the SRM/LRM/LGM speakers are sensational. I reckon they'd be vastly superior to the Klipshes in just about every way apart from bass extension which will probably not be much deeper, but perfectly adequate and equally tight. The imaging and depth of the sound is amazing.

By the way the seller of the LGMs is mistaken, they were not painted black for studio use, that is the original finish.

Thanks Geoff

So these are good? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tannoy-Lit...c=1&rmvSB=true

What would be a good price for them ? Cheers....x
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

Thanks Geoff

So these are good? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tannoy-Lit...c=1&rmvSB=true

What would be a good price for them ? Cheers....x

Oh yes. They are lovely. I'd offer £700. I know what these 12" drivers sound like. They were used in several different cabinets and sound wonderful.

They have been steadily going up in value, so if you decided they were not for you, you could sell them on without losing money (maybe even a small profit).

They're only an hour and a half away from you. Why not ask if you can go and hear them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast