+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Hifi Show

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Sounds like a plan. If you have trouble finding me I can often be found in my favourite room at the show with an experession of rapt concentration and delight on my face.

It's called the "bar" and is on the Terrace level...
    What a coincidence...that's my favourite room too! See you there Adam.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    It has one of the highest footfalls of all the UK shows and is a great place to see new gear (forget any meaningful listening sessions). There's a lot of 2 Ch shown Marco but granted, it's a long way for some people. I usually take the train down as it's an easy walk from the railway station so no parking headaches. For those driving some distance, you can always park at Bristol Parkway (park and ride) and get the train to Templemeads. Easier than crawling round the city looking for a multistorey.

Perhaps bump into you Friday Adam.
    I thought you had to pay to park at Parkway? Better bet is to park near Abbey Wood station (Filton Ave area), and get the train in from there.
    Last edited by CageyH; 10-02-2015 at 16:51. Reason: Blinking auto-correct
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I thought you had to pay to park at Parkway? Better bet is to park near Abbey Wood station (Folton Ave area), and get the train in from there.
    Yes. You do, but it's a small price to pay for the stress relief of being whisked in by train whilst having secure parking. Yes, you can take the chance and leave your car in the Abbey wood area.

I'm Kevin.

It's not that rough round there.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Rob.

+1 for rail being an easy way to get to the Bristol Hi-Fi show. I tend to get the train from Cheltenham.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Steve.

Mmm, if i can find someone to go with i might just go this year. You talked me into it. I will use one of my disguises and call myself Loretta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    You been a bad boy then, Steve?

If that's the only thing stopping you, mate, I wouldn't let it worry you, as I've been banned from the Wam for years (long before AoS was born) and it hasn't stopped me exhibiting there four times and attending as a visitor, since the show's inception, or chatting/having a beer with many of the Wammers, including James himself.

Such things matter not a jot, when it comes to Scalford - and apart from anything else, how exactly are they going to recognise you? You ain't that 'famous'!

If you can make it, I'd thoroughly recommend that you go, as it's the most meaningful 'audio show' of any, for the genuine (non-trade) enthusiast.

Marco.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Mmm, if i can find someone to go with i might just go this year. You talked me into it. I will use one of my disguises and call myself Loretta.
    It's a brilliant show for bagging a deal that's for sure.

Plenty vinyl stores more added this year.

The best thing about the show though is you get a chance to meet me!

I'm Brian.

Loretta Floyddroid , that shouldn't draw any attention to you Steve
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    +1 for rail being an easy way to get to the Bristol Hi-Fi show. I tend to get the train from Cheltenham.
    "Easy" being relative, depending on where in the country you're travelling from!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

You talked me into it. I will use one of my disguises and call myself Loretta.
    Perfect... As it's a Sunday, I'll be in my usual 'weekend attire', and so will join you as Matilda. Don't dare clash with my outfit though, or I'll scratch your eyes out!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast