+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jehovah’s Witnesses

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Being an Atheist, I won't waste breathe on a topic I don't recognise the existence of.
    Snap....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

I believe in Father Christmas though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

There is only silicon heaven......the human one was only made up to stop us going nuts
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    I invited them in a while back. Religion fascinates me, (but I find that the more I read about it the more ludicrous it seems), so I don't mind having a chat about it.

It all ended a little quickly when one of them said that Christ was perfect, to which I replied that he most certainly wasn't. In fact, him being imperfect was the whole point. That despite having to put up with human frailties he managed to follow the path to god, and therefore acted as an example to us. If he hadn't had to struggle with his human imperfections, spending all that time in the desert being goaded by the devil wouldn't have been a problem. My final point being that if Christ was perfect he wouldn't have doubted god when on the cross and cried out "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?". At that point they went off in a huff and haven't been back since.

It's quite interesting really. They can usually quote sections of the bible, but they rarely understand the meanings of the passages.

My father's favourite tactic is to ask them if they are disappointed that they'll never get to heaven, as there is only space for fourteen thousand, and far more than that have died already. So there's no chance that the Jehovah's witness that lands on your doorstep is going to squeeze it.
    With respect your theology is deeply flawed, showing a lack of understanding regarding orthodox Christian beliefs. Unless Christ was perfect, sinless and without flaw he could not be the spotless lamb that could take away the sin of the world. A flawed, sinful Christ would be just the same as the rest of us and that just would not work.

And JW theology which is not orthodox Christian states that only 144,000 will go to heaven, so the figure you state is incorrect.

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    With respect your theology is deeply flawed, showing a lack of understanding regarding orthodox Christian beliefs. Unless Christ was perfect, sinless and without flaw he could not be the spotless lamb that could take away the sin of the world. A flawed, sinful Christ would be just the same as the rest of us and that just would not work.

And JW theology which is not orthodox Christian states that only 144,000 will go to heaven, so the figure you state is incorrect.
    Cripes. It's even more gobbledegook than I thought.
    Rob.